pc use edge connection from cell?

HAF72

1337 :)
Ok well i was reading around(Joe Average can prob answer this) but anyways, i heard that if you buy a gophone sim card that you can get edge and it will use its minutes? If so can i like connect the cell to a laptop for internet connection? Reason why is I dont have the money for edge/3g on AT&T(just a junior in hs fyi).. and i plan to do some storm chase in spring break, therefore i would need a software for real time weather(will get), and an internet connection on the road. So i was wondering if that was possible? Thanks!

Didn't type this out so well.. i am tired lol good night to all reading this if its night time in your time zone!

I currently have a Nokia 6555 ATT GoPhone.
I don't have a plan, I just did the $1/day if you use it + 10c/minute.

I can connect it via a cable to the USB port of my laptop, fire up the Nokia Suite, and be online with the laptop.

CAUTION: Make sure you add the $20/month unlimited MediaNet package first, otherwise you will be charged 1c/1kb and that can get expensive very quickly.

Should be, but if your doing doplar / radar updates on the fly trying to get yourself in line for a good storm your going to burn up those minutes fast. If you get a data plan on the package then it should be do able.

I believe the Edge network is getting a downgrade soon to encourage people to update to 3g. Just something to think about. Edge currently sits at around 20kb/s down.

Mine gets 20KBs down when I do a voodoo dance and stab pins into an ATT doll. Normally though it gets about 10-15KBs down.

I believe the Edge network is getting a downgrade soon to encourage people to update to 3g. Just something to think about. Edge currently sits at around 20kb/s down.

According to reports, they've already been doing this.

thanks for the reply :) Or maybe since i will only need it in spring break ill just pay 3g for one month and after im done with it , ill cancel it? :confused:

Back