PC Power and Cooling 750W Silencers $64.99 and $69.99

PC power and cooling SQ75-B 750W silencer recerts, Directron is $64.99, SVC is $69.99: (if you wonder why ive linked both, its because one of them is bound to go out of stock before the other, and svc usually has cheaper shipping IIRC so the prices about equal). Most of you should know that the pcp&c silencer is essentially the king of non modular 750W power supplies:
http://www.directron.com/s75qbb.html
http://www.svc.com/s75q-b.html

Edit:
Red crossfire edition recerts are available for $55 it looks like:
http://www.directron.com/s75cfb.html

Last edited:
Most of you should know that the pcp&c silencer is essentially the king of non modular 750W power supplies:

Not king any more. There are quite a few 750W PSUs out there that are of far far better or equal quality than the PC P&C Silencer 750. I.e Antec Truepower New 750, Corsair 750TX, etc.

With that said, decent enough deal for the RECERTIFIED PC P&C 750W.

I think the 750TX is better with regard to the fan, but I'd take the Silencer 750w otherwise.

The Antec TP New is better, but both PSU's are seasonic-built. Antec's TP-N uses something reminiscent of the Seasonic M12D (uses the basic same VRM), and I'm not sure what the older Silencer 750w employs...

If I wasn't waiting on OCZ to replace my 1000w EliteXstream, I'd be all over this, both are great deals on great PSU's

Does nobody remember the huge problem with this PSU? 50% are DOA! Go search the forums, there is a HUUUUGE thread about them in the Hotdeals section arriving DOA.

Does nobody remember the huge problem with this PSU? 50% are DOA! Go search the forums, there is a HUUUUGE thread about them in the Hotdeals section arriving DOA.

that was a while ago no...? it was around the same time they had a special running on them near x-mas time a few years back at Newegg IIRC...

I know I got one of those that died... but the replacement works fine and PCP&C has great customer support.

These used to rule the roost, but are still decent units - providing you get one that works.

recently?

anyway these are recert units which means that they've been refurbished ie any problem they had (if any problem even existed, sometimes people return parts erroneously thinking that its defective when it isnt...) has been fixed by ocz or pcp&c. i dont see the problem, especially for the price. it might as well be new.

these psus definitely have competition, but not in this price range!

If only this wasn't recertified. I used to own one in my previous rigs.

I think the 750TX is better with regard to the fan, but I'd take the Silencer 750w otherwise.

The Antec TP New is better, but both PSU's are seasonic-built. Antec's TP-N uses something reminiscent of the Seasonic M12D (uses the basic same VRM), and I'm not sure what the older Silencer 750w employs...

The antec TP is better yes, but this unit is still better in regards to the corsair TX line.

Last edited:
I just received my power supply from Directron and it looked brand new. The box was labeled with a reconditioned sticker. I put it in to replace my failed PC&PC 750W Silencer that I RMA'd but I couldn't wait for the RMA to arrive (had a big DVD authoring project to finish)

So I can say that Directron is a good company with fast shipping and the power supplies are in good condition.

Nice links. I've ordered thru svc and directron before. Both are thumbs up!

Red crossfire edition recert for $55 as well:
http://www.directron.com/s75cfb.html

I love this p/s. I've owned mine for just under 1.5 years now, with not a single hiccup. I must admit though, I was a bit concerned about cooling due to the relatively small fan size when it arrived...despite.having read all the reviews before ordering. The fan seemed quite small because most were offering a 120mm fan at the time...but it works very well and is extremely stable as current output goes.

Mine arived DOA a long time ago. It was shutting down by itself because the fan wasn't turning at all after a while. It was only the fan header that was unplugged inside. I saw it from the openings, I fixed it without opening the case with plastic tweezers trough the vent holes.

Canceled my RMA request of course. Work great since.

They have the blue one for $59.99 also..
I ordered one that got here yesterday...bought it as a spare because at that price I could not find a reason not to have a spare......it looks brand new....I'm gonna have to test it I guess , but I see no reason it should be anything but fine

Just as an FYI, these only carry a one year warranty, not the usual 5 year you get with a new PCP&C unit.

Nice links. I've ordered thru svc and directron before. Both are thumbs up!

Yep, SVC is one of my favorite retailers,they pack stuff pretty nice and they seem to be one of the epicenters when it comes to deals on clearance stuff. I picked up a 700W gamexstream recertified from them for $39.99 a few months ago, and right now they also have a 600W recertified gamexstream for $34.99:
http://www.svc.com/ocz600gxssli-b.html

I know a few guys out in cali, and when they order from SVC they just pick their stuff up straight from the place.

I decided to go in for one. The price is right, and I've been very happy with my current silencer 750.

I might wind up needing to go dual PSU someday. Or, it's cheap insurance in case I need a backup.

The other cool thing is that Directron doesn't require you to setup a user name and PW with them. I get so tired of doing that when I shop at a new vendor.

Last edited:
Back