PC Gaming: Not Just Still Alive, But Still Dominant

It's really even harder to believe people assign an amount of masculinity to each other based on whether they play video games on a PC or a console. :D

Hard to believe that's even being argued here, of all places on the web. It doesn't stand for Organization for Console Pansies.

The new Xbox one console and the recently purchased Xbox 360, both that I own, have started to give me interest in mITX builds. :D Of course, do you think that if you do not have a full ATX tower, you are not a [H]ard?

The fact that both new consoles share similar architecture to the PC now is certainly a big boon also. In that regard, things look more promising now than they have any time in the last 10 years IMO.

Pretty much. I would say todays consoles given the hardware is just a HTPC with gaming capability.

These are exciting times we live in gaming wise as most games in theory should be able to be ported with less work than last gen games.

cool.

I very much subscribe to the glorious PC master race thinking. When your Xbox one costs 400 dollars and is meant to last 10 years, do you REALLY expect it to be able to hold a candle to crossfire 290's or the new generation of GPU's that come out every 2 or 3 years?

The problem is that your thinking like a PC enthusiast and not like the general public is...people are more likely to throw away their computers then upgrade them, not mention the vast majority of people are going to balk at spending $1200 or bucks for crossfired 290x's when a $400 Xbox One is "good enough" for them

I do both and they both have their pros and cons about them...I prefer some style of games on the PC and others on consoles.

PC gaming is not for everyone. About 1 year ago I built a gaming rig for a friend of mine who was a hardcore console gamer. He wanted to get into pc gaming to see what the fuss was about. For the most part he got into it fairly quickly, but once in a while he'll call to complain about how much the mouse+kb sucks compared to controllers. He just picked up elder scrolls online and complains how slow the characters move with the kb, so he downloaded pinnacle so he can use the 360 pad on it...*shrug*

pc gaming was everything new and wonderful when it first started.
when more and more people started getting on the pc and the internet bloomed,
it became a cess pool of like-minded carebear drivel with no innovation.
Companies just catered to the lowest common denominator for the all mighty dollar.

If anyone here had experience local bulletin board systems running major mud or played the first graphical mud Meridian 59 then on to Ultima Online and Everquest; how awesome and unique those experience were. They rewarded you for your intelligence, social prowess, and even wit.

I'm seeing a recent trend by korean software companies bringing back hardcore sandbox MMOs.
Pushing hardware as well as software. I like to see this trend continue as that's the only thing that holds any interest to me.

Everything else is just recycled corporate cheese.

pc gaming was everything new and wonderful when it first started.
when more and more people started getting on the pc and the internet bloomed,
it became a cess pool of like-minded carebear drivel with no innovation.
Companies just catered to the lowest common denominator for the all mighty dollar.

If anyone here had experience local bulletin board systems running major mud or played the first graphical mud Meridian 59 then on to Ultima Online and Everquest; how awesome and unique those experience were. They rewarded you for your intelligence, social prowess, and even wit.

I'm seeing a recent trend by korean software companies bringing back hardcore sandbox MMOs.
Pushing hardware as well as software. I like to see this trend continue as that's the only thing that holds any interest to me.

Everything else is just recycled corporate cheese.

It might not be them. A lot of people I met that play video games regularly find out that, after they personally start playing, they sooner or later experience pretty much all there is to try as far as formats and ideas for games. They end up seeing the same stuff done over and over again and it's not that the games suck more or a worse than they were before, but the person playing them is kinda jaded about it all because the novelty of doing it has worn off. At that point, it might be a good idea to do different stuff and make video games a less significant way to spend time instead of continuing to do it and get more and more bitter about it.

Please, share with the entire class where the fuck you came up with full ATX from either of those product descriptions.

It's just a motherboard...like the size of a motherboard...and people are arguing and getting angry about it? :(

That is what happens when he claims he is [H]ard and I am a loser because I enjoy console gaming.

Lets just say I take great offense at folks who hold themselves as better than others because of what they have purchased. Anyone can run out and spend money on something, that does not make them better than others.

Dejawiz quote: I didn't see this thread earlier. "I was busy gaming.. On a real platform. My PC." Real platforms are whatever you are gaming on at that moment. More to the point, back in the day, the PC was a joke and the Amiga blew it away in every way possible, including gaming.

It's just a motherboard...like the size of a motherboard...and people are arguing and getting angry about it? :(

Sorry, but when he starts the argument about me having a full tower ATX case and claims that anyone without doesn't have a real computer, then I tell him to check my sig, and he says he did and it's full ATX and insults me for having a wrong sig? Really?

That is what happens when he claims he is [H]ard and I am a loser because I enjoy console gaming.

Textbook deflection. You're wrong. You were proven wrong. You now know you're wrong. But still not willing to just admit it and move on. Instead, you resort to insults by claiming others were insulting you when that never happened.

Sorry, but when he starts the argument about me having a full tower ATX case and claims that anyone without doesn't have a real computer, then I tell him to check my sig, and he says he did and it's full ATX and insults me for having a wrong sig? Really?

Textbook deflection. You're wrong. You were proven wrong. You now know you're wrong. But still not willing to just admit it and move on. Instead, you resort to insults by claiming others were insulting you when that never happened.

This what I said directly at your post: "The new Xbox one console and the recently purchased Xbox 360, both that I own, have started to give me interest in mITX builds. Of course, do you think that if you do not have a full ATX tower, you are not a [H]ard? "

Please point out where I said: "claims that anyone without doesn't have a real computer"
There was no textbook deflection, I looked at the board and it appeared to be an ATX at first glance. Regardless, my point was directed at your insistence that a PC is a real machine but a console is not.

OK Mog, sure whatever. You're insistence throughout multiple replies to say that I have a full ATX system including stating that my sig way wrong goes well beyond "first glance". Still deflecting.

Back