PC game with most realistic forest

mildante

Limp Gawd
Can anyone suggest a PC game (rpg or mmo preffered) that has a realistic forest with close to real world scale? Just wondering if anything like that exists. Forests in games are usually the size of a city park with 20 trees and no one can really get lost in them.

Skyrim is pretty big. Oblivion has some nice forests as well. I can't think of anything else that would fit the bill... I don't think there are really any open world games with forests that are literally so enormous that truly "getting lost" in them is possible.

FarCry 1 had some pretty awesomely big forests, but it's an FPS.

The Hunter does a pretty nice job of immersion and scale, but it's almost certainly not what you're looking for :)

The Forest does look interesting, thanks for that link.

The Forest looks great for the most part. Feel kinda 'meh' about the mutants. I hope they at least have a no mutants survival part.

Skyrim tricked out with some of the better forest mods is a thing of beauty.

P.S> what a bizarre thread

I just want to say I was here for the most epic thread of the year. Thanks!

Oblivion is probably the closest to that. It has a lots of jungle and you are free to move in any direction in most places.

Actually ARMA 3 fits the jungle requirement better, significantly larger open world and more realistic, but it's not RPG. You can stroll around the entire continent for sight seeing though if you enjoy that.

Thank you for the suggestions. The Forest looks really interesting even though I would prefer it without the monsters. I might give Arma 3 a try. And I am playing Oblivion and Skyrim already of course :)

Skyrim's ecosystem is its biggest strength and especially after you throw a few mods at it.

Thank you for the suggestions. The Forest looks really interesting even though I would prefer it without the monsters. I might give Arma 3 a try. And I am playing Oblivion and Skyrim already of course :)

nooo c'mon, you werent supposed to come until page 3 man, now this awesome thread is spoiled, blagh

Oblivion is probably the closest to that. It has a lots of jungle and you are free to move in any direction in most places.

Actually ARMA 3 fits the jungle requirement better, significantly larger open world and more realistic, but it's not RPG. You can stroll around the entire continent for sight seeing though if you enjoy that.

Add to that Crysis 1 and Far Cry 3 for epic jungle.

Does "The Forest" have an actual story or is it just survival against random mutants for as long as possible? Seems like the latter can get boring real fast.

Does "The Forest" have an actual story or is it just survival against random mutants for as long as possible? Seems like the latter can get boring real fast.

replace the word "mutants" with "other people" and you're just describing DayZ imo :p

none, have you walked in a forest before? almost like every step you can trip since it's so uneven and then you have rocks, tree roots and other brush in the way.

Indeed! One of the better forested games I can remember. Or perhaps Below the Root, also on the C-64.

Lol Below the Root was cool but I was so young I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to do, I remember after a hour or two I went back to Little computer people or Master of Lamps.

Alan Wake did a pretty good job with its forests

It nailed the feeling of the Pacific NW pretty well, anyway. Note that, as an 'adventure' (-ish) game, you are working your way through a story - so it's not freeform like Skyrim or Oblivion. So the sections of the forest do tend to be a bit sectioned off...but there were definitely a couple spots you could wander off the trail and get a bit turned around.

The SCALE of it definitely feels right, though.

Back