Payment processors that aren't infuriating?

So I'm trying to buy a video card from ToastyX when my Paypal account decides it hates me to hell and decides that I've been doing too many transactions lately, locking me out of being able to send money. Okay, I'll beat one of your customer service drones over the head with a telephone in the morning. We agree to Amazon Payments, and that goes through, but the completed payment will take five to seven business days to go through? What the fuck is that? Five to seven days for something that takes Paypal five to seven seconds?

I'm rather pissed off with both of these chunderfuck websites, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of some widely-accepted payment processors that are user-friendly, not full of fees, and are trustworthy that people could use instead of Paypal or Amazon Payments.

I thought Amazon Payments, if you use a credit or debit card, were instant? It's the bank transactions that take 3-5 days.

I thought Amazon Payments, if you use a credit or debit card, were instant? It's the bank transactions that take 3-5 days.

This is absolutely correct. The reason Amazon Payments is better is because all you have to do is put your credit card info in there and that's it! Credit card transactions are instant and free and its supposed to be the way to use that service. bank transfers are the ones that take a long time. Just remember that next time and you will be all set, no fees!

It says plain as day that bank funded payments take a week. Why wouldn't you use a CC instead? It's free and and CC is the only real "protection" there is when using ANY online payment processing service.

Serve is pretty good, but it isn't widely accepted. It never really caught on.

If you are that worried, use a USPS money order and send it priority mail. Otherwise, if your paypal is having issues, it's likely because you have a personal account. If you make that many transactions, consider upgrading the account.

As mentioned above Amazon payments is great. It's the only payment processor I use. Paypal has screwed me far too many times.

I hear amazon payments only covers your ass if you bought/sold on amazon's website, tho.

It says plain as day that bank funded payments take a week. Why wouldn't you use a CC instead? It's free and and CC is the only real "protection" there is when using ANY online payment processing service.

Not really. In my experience they are much less helpful.

That said, I hate Paypal with a passion, but they are the only service with insurance, and it as saved me from some SHADY people in the past. So although I hate dealing with paypal, they have saved me thousands in the past 10 years that scammers would have taken from me.

Not really. In my experience they are much less helpful.

That said, I hate Paypal with a passion, but they are the only service with insurance, and it as saved me from some SHADY people in the past. So although I hate dealing with paypal, they have saved me thousands in the past 10 years that scammers would have taken from me.

A credit card is the only real protection. You are kidding yourself if you think paypal gives a damn about anything other than paypal.

A credit card is the only real protection. You are kidding yourself if you think paypal gives a damn about anything other than paypal.

Meh I used to think the same thing. And they just came through and saved me from $550 loss.

It involved me as a seller, not a buyer with a cc. In that instance, Paypal DID save me. Doesnt happen often, and I get bitter about them too. But sometimes they do come through.

USPS MO.

I wished they would implement a payment system across bank accounts like they do in the EU, where they standardized the banking system with IBAN numbers.
You can make a payment, to ANY bank within the EU. You have a certain number of transactions that are free, but have to pay a small fee after that.

US online banking is the pits!

Last edited:
I get upset over stuff like this sometimes too, but you are complaining about things that are clearly outlined by both services. The very first page of paypal when you sign in says "Account limits:view limits" so you will always know what (if any) limits your account has. Amazon straight up says that it will take 3-5 business days to do a bank transfer.

I hate to say it, but asking for a free service to do something like this is a little unreasonable. Who is to shoulder the costs?

Dwolla is probably the closest thing to what you are asking for, but even that is $.25 per transfer and offers no (?) protection.

Back