Payday 3

I'm sure they'll ruin that one too by DLC'ing the living shit out of it just like they did with Payday 2.

Huh this is actually going to happen? I'll keep an eye out for it.

Payday 3 Technical Open Beta will run from Friday (September 8) to Monday (September 11) on Steam and Xbox

The open beta is designed to stress test servers for the co-op heist shooter ahead of the launch on September 21st...it requires no key access and includes the same content as the recent technical closed beta test... the open beta build is based on a build from April 2023 and is not a final representation of Payday 3

Here’s what the open beta offers, from Starbreeze:

-The original gang: Dallas, Hoxton, Chains and Wolf. The iconic clown-masked characters that made the Payday franchise infamous are all playable
-No rest for the wicked is a Payday 3 bank heist, that charges the players with relieving a small bank of the cash cluttering up their vault. It’s their own choice to go stealth without anyone noticing how the cash evaporated or go loud to really experience that NYC robbery feeling
-All difficulties will be playable, level cap is Infamy Level 22 and Weapon Level Progression is at eight

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Beta this weekend, though it is from an earlier version of the game a few months ago. Need to create a seperate dev login account to run though even though its via steam. Oh and reports say to use gmail addresses only.

Launching on PC Game Pass.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/09/19/game-pass-september-2023-wave-2-announce/
1695129346467.png

Since I Pre-Ordered it I was able to start playing last night. I enjoy it alot it seems harder then the first two and I know will put some time into it. Always love getting paid!

Meh. No Offline mode. Matchmaking only, even when solo. With a 3 party team, had 20-30 seconds of 'finding server'. If server stability was good this could maybe be over looked...

Tried to play some today. Was able to play 1 match with two friends. Attempted to restart heist after we failed, the game didn't restart the heist as I was still in the menu. Attempted to rejoin, no dice. Left party to rejoin, wasn't able to join. Restarted our games, no dice. Tried with ingame social menu and Steam friend join menu. Either the party/matchmaking for the game is horrible or the servers died. Either way not great first impression. Will try a little bit more before refund.

I'm calling it quits after 20 minutes stuck on the matchmaking screen while making a 'friends only' lobby. The gameplay from the beta stress test weekend seemed good but I've got better things to do than sit in a queue without knowing the progress.

I'm calling it quits after 20 minutes stuck on the matchmaking screen while making a 'friends only' lobby. The gameplay from the beta stress test weekend seemed good but I've got better things to do than sit in a queue without knowing the progress.

Yeah its not looking good. Lots of complaints on the server crashing and matchmaking issues.

Unfortunately for those on ultrawides, at the moment you can't play window mode in anything other than 1280x720, which makes it tiny. The fix of updating the game settings file doesn't work for those on game pass.

What a messy launch. My girlfriend was really excited to play as she loved the previous two (like bought all the DLC, loved) and I just finished upgrading my PC. We have it on Game Pass.

I think she managed to get in like 2 rounds in as many hours, once with one other person who had no idea what was going on, didn't pay attention to chat and lead to an eventful failure, once with 2 others who knew what they were doing, where it seemed to have potential. The matchmaking flat out not working (and not even failing back to bots to let people kind of play) is inexcusable. That's what the beta was for.

Performance was fine at 4K, but it's not like it's particularly impressive, visually. Not bad, but not at all stand out.

I can see her playing a lot once they get things ironed out, but I'm yet again thankful for Game Pass that neither of us bought this day one - I would have been furious.

Yup I agree 100% the matchmaking is awful and is ruining a otherwise fun game.

I saw a guy said he waited years for the game only to refund it. I owned both games but played less than a half hour for both games.

Last edited:
This game failed pretty hard they should call it No pay day R us. Not really a fan of putting bank robberies in videogames.

Damn, I put 300 hours into Payday 2, this was pretty much going to be a lock for me. Guess I'll give this a couple more years to marinate.

Back