Paralyzed Man Moves Robotic Arm with His Thoughts

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Most robotic applications are concerned with rote movements freeing humans to be more productive in work environments or frivolous activities just to entertain. Advances are being made to utilize the potential of robotics in the field of medicine to better the lives of paralyzed patients.

Sweet, I already have two working arms, but I've often wanted a third or fourth when working on projects...I'll take two.

Holy shit, that part with the monkey creepy as hell!

I'm sorry but am I the only one thinking about using this to to avoid morning tired arm syndrome that most males suffer from after reaching puberty?

I'm sorry but am I the only one thinking about using this to to avoid morning tired arm syndrome that most males suffer from after reaching puberty?

No, that was my first thought too...but after further consideration would you really want a cold robo-hand taking over that particular activity? I'd probably want a non-hand attachment for my robo-arm...

No, that was my first thought too...but after further consideration would you really want a cold robo-hand taking over that particular activity? I'd probably want a non-hand attachment for my robo-arm...

Fleshlight attachment?

"Gentleman, we can rebuild him... Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster."

Gratz to guy and to the tech, however would be also awesome that you could control your computer just like that, without typing on keyboard and moving a mouse.

Gratz to guy and to the tech, however would be also awesome that you could control your computer just like that, without typing on keyboard and moving a mouse.

There's already head tracking technology to use a PC without touching it, you can see him doing it in the video actually.

This is proof of God's work through man kind.
We evolved alot, and soon we will surprise Him.
I just love stuff like this... gives me so much hope that we are doing the right things.

This is proof of God's work through man kind.
We evolved alot, and soon we will surprise Him.
I just love stuff like this... gives me so much hope that we are doing the right things.

Can't tell if trolling...

Personally knowing someone who could use a technology like this, I hope it works out as they plan or better, possibly even with legs?

As a member of the Humanity Front, I believe this is unnatural and against the natural human order. I am going to have to forward this to Bill Taggart.

GITS anyone? I am sure someone who can't move his limbs would mind having them replaced with artificial ones. Then in 50 years or so, we will have issues where those with artificial limbs have social advantages over those without. :)

Saw the paralyzed guy moving the mouse cursor with his mind years ago... always wondered if they made much progress... this is cool

GITS anyone? I am sure someone who can't move his limbs would mind having them replaced with artificial ones. Then in 50 years or so, we will have issues where those with artificial limbs have social advantages over those without. :)

Exactly, its only a matter of time until technology provides a better quality product than biology. Technology rate of advancement is only about a million times faster than biology so we all knew it would catch up sooner or later and advance pass it someday :)

His girlfriend is a special woman - I didn't catch how long he's been paralyzed but if it was after they met, kudos for her sticking with him. If it was before, extra credit :D

His girlfriend is a special woman - I didn't catch how long he's been paralyzed but if it was after they met, kudos for her sticking with him. If it was before, extra credit :D

You know, they have those 'sex machine' things... if they hooked that up to his brain, he could finally have sex with her!

News like these make me very excited and happy!

About the monkey part, I'm not sure if it was funny or creepy... but I laughed anyway, if bit awkwardly. :)

This is really cool, if they can manage to implant the chip in the cortex, then a receiver down below the break in the spine, huge potential.

Sweet! I hope they can manage to get this into mainstream production, it would help many lives!

Back