Pandora....

That Linux Guy

Limp Gawd
I've been using Pandora for the better part of a year so far. I learn about great new bands/groups/artists with it and I highly encourage anyone who hasn't used it to give it a try.

www.pandora.com

Anywho, back to my actual problem. Sprint has been advertising Pandora mobile compatability and when I bought my Palm Centro, I thought since it had it's own web browser, that I could simply use Blazer to view Pandora. A no go. I thought then that Opera Mini would work.... nope.

I know Palm OS has an issue with Flash, and can't get anything better than Flash 5. Could this be why Pandora doesn't work with my Centro? I just want Pandora on my phone. Anyone know of any way to get it working somehow, or some work-around I don't know about? Thanks a million.

-Andrew

I love Pandora as well, but it gets to a point with some of my stations where they just replay the same crap over and over. It's an interesting concept but they definitely need to expand their base of music.

However, doing a little research, it looks as though the Centro does not work with Pandora. They have a list of phones here:
http://www.pandora.com/sprint

Yeah, I found a lot of the same crap. The only phone I would even consider getting that supports Pandora mobile, would be the Instinct. Just hoping someone here would no of some work-around or a hack or something.

I'm really getting tired of all the PalmOS devices getting shafted in favor of Symbian, iPhone, Android and Blackberry projects. I can't wait until Palm releases their new Linux-based OS. Linux + Smartphone + Unlmited Data plan = Pure Happiness in a small mobile package.

Skyfire on windows mobile can almost run it but you cant get the cursor into the login box. It can run lastfm though (its full server side rendering so it can do pretty much any page flash and all, just some have interface issues).

The Pandora Flash app is rather heavy on requirements. Last I tried on a low end PC, it all but maxed out 128MB of RAM, and you hit swap if you do anything else.

The only handhelds I know of that can run Pandora from the Flash app are the Nokia N8x0 Internet Tablets. They have 128MB of RAM, and the option for swap. Though, with the exception of the WiMax model, they don't have connectivity beyond Wifi and Bluetooth.

Back