panaflo hi flow or vantec tornado?

r_a_s88

Limp Gawd
would the higher CFM of the tornado be worth the earsplitting noise from it, or would the lower noise of the panaflo outweight the more advanced cooling of the tornado?

please discuss, feel free to shoot some opinions in here, bias is welcome :p

this would be coupled with a thermalright xp-90c

One simple question: Have you EVER heard the actual ammount of noise those tornados put out? IN PERSON??

I have three of them just sitting in the bottom of my parts drawer. I'll never use em because they asre so unbareably loud. Imagine a vacuum cleaner running in your comuter constantly. Believe me when I say: ABSOLUTELY NOBODY needs the CFM's these things put out. They are so loud and obnoxious and powerful it's just silly.........

If you REALLY want to try these fans I'll sell mine to you, but I won't take em' back when you realize just how useless those fans are....

Quicksilver said:
One simple question: Have you EVER heard the actual ammount of noise those tornados put out? IN PERSON??

I have three of them just sitting in the bottom of my parts drawer. I'll never use em because they asre so unbareably loud. Imagine a vacuum cleaner running in your comuter constantly. Believe me when I say: ABSOLUTELY NOBODY needs the CFM's these things put out. They are so loud and obnoxious and powerful it's just silly.........

If you REALLY want to try these fans I'll sell mine to you, but I won't take em' back when you realize just how useless those fans are....

now that's the kind of post i was looking for :p

no, i haven't heard the noise that these make, but i do hear that they push an ungodly amount of air. having the PC right next to my head and in the room that I sleep, i probably wouldn't want to go with a tornado, right?

I have used the 92mm tornado on a thermalrightslk948 and it worjks great but you do want it on a fan controller some you can turn it down when not needed.At 100% it blows a hell of alot of air but sounds like a blow dryer You would not want it in bedroom with out the controller or you would go insane. But as far as ultimate cooling it worksbut at a price.

so would it be no louder than any other fan when run at normal RPM ranges?

Yeah man, we used a Tornado in a server at work temporarily. It was so loud it drowned out the humm of everything else (servers, network equip, etc). It's about like having a vaccuum on 24/7. Sure, it moves air like crazy but is not something you will want to listen to for mre than 5 mins.

Vacuum is a little much. Mine only sounds like a hair dryer on high!

You'd want a fan controller that goes to zero, or pull a +7 volts trick on a regular fan controller (7 with those is enough). Myself, I went to Radio Shark and got a rheo that would handle the wattage then wired a switch in too-that way it was toggle on and off and tolerably loud.

I currently don't use mine either as it really does puch more air than is needed. It's the hatchet you don't need to use to remove the fly from your friend's forehead. But they do work exactly as advertised.

I have the 80mm tornado on a TT heatsink and its pretty loud at full blast, but I have it on a Vantec fan controller, and it gets it down to a low hum. I only crank it when im gaming and I barely notice it during gaming.

Back