Painting inside of case

i know what to do when painting the outside of a case, but how many layers and preperation should be done to the inside of a case?

I just went ahead and painted mine. :p

I did a couple layers of paint. Then I clearcoated it. It looks good!

bobsaget said:
I just went ahead and painted mine. :p

I did a couple layers of paint. Then I clearcoated it. It looks good!

That's about what I did. Defects aren't as noticeable on the inside of the case, even with lighting. I primed, sanded the more obivious spots, paint, sanded the drive bays, paint, clear coat, clear coat. I didn't do the best job in the world but it still looks good and you can't see any imperfections unless you pull the side panel off and start eyeballing everything.

Sanding is near impossible because most parts are stamped steel, if you even attempt to sand you can EASLY go though the paint (Trust me, ive had it happen).

Here are a few tips:
1. if possible, take your system complete apart, Drill out rivets (they are easy and cheep to replace) and hang everything with wires off a frame of some sort. This way you get a nice even coat on anything and you will get less dust on your pieces

2. use LIGHT coats, and only enough coats to get the color you want, no more! The more you put on now the more trouble you will getting the case back together, it may not seem like much, but it was enough to make it nearly impossible to put my bottom drive rack back into my antec 1080 when i did bluefusion

3. Take a look at using Etching Primer for your first primer coat, that should bond with the metal better than normal primer on un-roughed metal (i didn’t use it but i imagine it would work better)

Painting the inside defiantly gives a unique look to your computer:
BlueFusion1.jpg

(note: the front blue and main case blue match a lot better in person, for some reason this picture is the only one that looks this weird, but its the only one that shows of the inside :D)

Back