Painted a case

Qtip42

[H]is Modness
Just finished this case the other day. The guy wanted a transformers theme and listed off what he wanted on each panel. Black paint, show quality, etc. Sorry for the bad pictures, I only had it completed for a few minutes before he came and got it. I usually don't take any.

lanboy1.jpg

lanboy2.jpg

lanboy3.jpg

Me likey :D
I hate living in my climate. Too cold to paint in the winter, too humid in the summer.

Well with all the reflection it's hard to make out with the airbrush is all about. You really have to see it in person to get the cloudy effect behind the logo.

I have another picture but all you can really see is me in the reflection. :D

Did you replace the window with blue plexi, or is that blue lighting in there?

In case anyone is wondering, he did the painting for me. And it is absoultly breathtaking to see it in person. The pictures just do not do the case justice. :) It was a birthday present for my cousin, who is everything transformers, :)

wow, that's a fantastic paint job.

i'm actually looking to modify a generic case for airflow and was planning on painting it afterwards.

where o where did you score that black paint? i don't want to have my case airbrushed, but a finish that nice is exactly what i'm after; and i know that's not duplicolor. :p

edit: i found the canister of 3M paint in the one picture....and now realize that it's polish.

I used omni basecoat/clearcoat. Just a regular black.

The polish is a foam pad polishing compound. I prefer to use trizact stuff but I'm out of the green label stuff. Then I follow it up with final glaze.

This isn't rattle can stuff.

awesome work Q.

Transformers fucking rocked when I was a kid.. I cannot wait for this new movie to come out. GG new camaro!

I remember high school, guys used to make fun of me for using the paint booth in the body shop to paint cases, but hey $200 is $200 :D

Mezrein said:
In case anyone is wondering, he did the painting for me. And it is absoultly breathtaking to see it in person. The pictures just do not do the case justice. :) It was a birthday present for my cousin, who is everything transformers, :)
damn!!!! i wish i am your cousin....

defiantely looks good man, i only hope my painting skills can one day be that good.

Goddammit Qtip. Every mod you make puts my entire *life* to shame :p

Awesome mirror reflection!

Just about two weeks. Could've been quicker but ya can't rush perfection :) I had to wait on the airbrush for a week. The paint was on the case two days after he brought it in.

Back