Paintball Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

da sponge

[H]ard|Gawd
One of the most noticable changes on the forum is the reorg of the sub forums. I went looking for the paintball forum and figured i'd find it or the posts in the sports and recreation section (as paintball is a recreational sport for most). I was surprised to not find it there and cannot find it anywhere else. Has it been axed completely? I can understand eliminating individual sub-forums, but to eliminate all the threads? Granted, it wasn't the most active forum, but it was by no means dead.

I know the forums aren't your primary concern, but the repeated loss of content (all of Mayhem, all posts older than 2004, and all posts in any number of subforums) is really a detriment to the community. Databases need to be pruned and managed, of course they can't grow forever. But at least offload the content for old time's sake.

If the forum had less than 1 post per day, it got the axe.

An option was given to several people that have the same concerns as you about "lost" older content. The option was to house the data themselves. None of the people that complained ever asked for the data that we offered.

I am sorry that you feel as though you do. But what is done is done and cannot be undone at this point in time, so lets all move forward.

Odd, I don't remember any notice or option given to General Mayhem. Perhaps I wasn't around enough to see the announcement about the other forums before the upgrade, but I don't recall it being mentioned either.

True what's done is done and it's time to move on. In the future, I don't think that archiving a few gigabytes of to be trashed data to tape is that much of an investment; especially when compared to how much the users have contributed in time and effort for thousands of posts.

If any tapes of old forums happen to exist, I'd be glad to discuss doing something useful with them. That said, congrats on getting the forums back up. Downtime with anxious users is no fun at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back