Pacific Drive

It IS coming to PC. Sweetness. I put the thread in the console forum because there didn't seem to be an indication it would be going anywhere else but PS5.

I think most of the big PS5 titles going forward will be coming to PC

totally different for me anymore...
I just can't do first person except ut2k4 and hidden weapons

*witchfire* tho

Last edited:
It IS coming to PC. Sweetness. I put the thread in the console forum because there didn't seem to be an indication it would be going anywhere else but PS5.
Yeah, I had to check on Wikipedia because I also thought it was a PS5 exclusive.

i'm defintely picking this up at launch. i really dig the vibe and i love the twist on the survival formula of having it be vehicle-centric. only things i can see that i'm not a huge fan of generally are the delivery of plot being (from what we've been shown anyway) 100% in the form of radio dialogue, and the gamepad controls look clunky as hell. very excited to jump in though.

Getting good vibes from Pacific Drive. Will pick up upon release.

omg this game ticks my boxes, lemme tell ya...

also, the vibes in this game are

so_good.jpg

so who else tried the demo?

there's one aspect i don't like, and it's already drawing some attention, which is the save system. you can't save your progress mid-mission, so if you're 30 mins into a "run" and you have to log off for whatever reason, your progress isn't saved. this is the same controversy that plagued Returnal, although the devs eventually caved and added save-on-exit.

i really don't get the reasoning behind not allowing just a save on exit. there's no save scumming this way (not easily, anyway) and it still allows you to play in short sessions if that's all you can do (or something comes up mid-session.)

I like the style, and can see it working for some people, but the general clumsiness is throwing me off.

I didn't experience this as I quit just after getting the wagon fixed up but not a fan of the save system described. One of my big pet peeves with rogue lite type games is that I need to be able to save on exit in case I need to go do something else. Sometimes you can leave a game running in the background, other times not.

I tried the demo...not sure how I feel about it. It seems decent but I don't like that I was 20+ minutes into an area and it wouldn't let me save mid-mission. I could have spent way longer but I'm not going 30+ minutes between saves.

I also found the UI to be really difficult to parse, everything seems super cluttered and it's hard to tell what you're looking at. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be part of the "style" but it just made me annoyed to have to deal with it.

It's okay. I might buy it on a sale, not that it's expensive but I'm not sure I like it enough to pay full price at this time.

OK - finally tried the demo last night.

I agree with the two main complaints that I've seen lodged against the game so far (menus/UI take some getting used to, save system could use some work) but I think folks giving up this early, or merely because of those two things, may be doing themselves a disservice.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkikIIUVkjg

It seems like there's a really good game here, and entering the Settings screen reveals that the devs adopted the philosophy of "the more options the better” which is always welcome.

In fact, after seeing some of the absolutely mid tier titles and junk that some studios in the industry have been serving up lately I'll go as far as to say this will end up being a surprise hit for quite a few folks.

I'm enjoying it. For the preorder price it's a great game. Just wish it had native MacOS support, but works fine otherwise.

And yes, my only real complaint with the game is lack of a quick-save function while you're out in a zone. Given that you can invest an easy 30+ minutes in a zone it really sucks. I understand not wanting to let people save scum, but not being able to walk away when life happens and loose 30 minutes of progress really sucks.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying it. For the preorder price it's a great game. Just wish it had native MacOS support, but works fine otherwise.

And yes, my only real complaint with the game is lack of a quick-save function while you're out in a zone. Given that you can invest an easy 30+ minutes in a zone it really sucks. I understand not wanting to let people save scum, but not being able to walk away when life happens and loose 30 minutes of progress really sucks.

Seeing many complain about that on Steam. Apparently design wise the dev's have said they can't save out in a zone because the game doesn't track all that is out there for a save state or something like that.

Back