p8p67 Superbiiz Asus nightmare

joobjoob

Gawd
My p8p67 died on me a week after the recall was announced.

Bought my Asus p8p67 from Superbiiz, I shot them and Asus an email and asked because of the recall what my options were. If I could get even just get an old b2 board for now or if I should wait for Asus recall replacement announcement. Only Superbiiz responded, with no words, only an RMA#. Asus had not responded or announced anything after a week. I then took a chance and spent 15$ and mailed my recalled board in.... BIG MISTAKE!

FYI Superbiiz does not replace your board out of stock like almost everyone else they send it in to the manufacturer for "repair" that typically takes minimum 6-16 weeks. (also they refused refund) So my P8p67 has now been with Asus to be "repaired" for weeks. Hopefully some quality employee will notice the p67 and replace it, rather then leaving it in the repair pile for months. I cant even contact Asus repair or check on the status through the website.

Maybe my last ASUS board as well. If anyone has any advice or can pull some strings I would very very much appreciate it. This is a mission critical computer that has now been dead for 1.5 months and may be gone for another 1-2 months.

Last edited:
How can you even know your board got to ASUS? The problem is this company you dealt with.

I would have used the ASUS replacement option.

AQ_OC, Thanks for responding,

One time when I contacted Superbiiz their shipping tracking number showed asus already received it. The Asus replacement option had not yet been announced when I RMA'd it. I contacted Asus preRMA they did not return my email.

I have seen some ASUS phone numbers floating around...maybe you can call them rather than emailing.

Here is one:

ASUS Product Support
Tel: (812) 282-2787
Here is another one (from someone working with the replacement program)

Terrie Leonard
Phone:(812)282-2787
Fax:(510)608-4511
and one more

For more information regarding this issue, please continue to visit http://service.asus.com/notice. You can also email [email protected] or call the customer service support line dedicated to this issue at 1-866-625-9873 (6:00AM - 9:00PM Pacific Standard Time) should you have any questions.

I bought my deluxe from superbiiz, but when i emailed them about the recall, they told me to contact asus so i never bothered trying to use them to return it.

My p8p67 died on me a week after the recall was announced.

Bought my Asus p8p67 from Superbiiz, I shot them and Asus an email and asked because of the recall what my options were. If I could get even just get an old b2 board for now or if I should wait for Asus recall replacement announcement. Only Superbiiz responded, with no words, only an RMA#. Asus had not responded or announced anything after a week. I then took a chance and spent 15$ and mailed my recalled board in.... BIG MISTAKE!

FYI Superbiiz does not replace your board out of stock like almost everyone else they send it in to the manufacturer for "repair" that typically takes minimum 6-16 weeks. (also they refused refund) So my P8p67 has now been with Asus to be "repaired" for weeks. Hopefully some quality employee will notice the p67 and replace it, rather then leaving it in the repair pile for months. I cant even contact Asus repair or check on the status through the website. Also, Superbiiz "customer service" doesn't know how. lol

Needless to say this was the first and last dollar they will ever see from me. And maybe my last ASUS board as well. If anyone has any advice or can pull some strings I would very very much appreciate it. This is a mission critical computer that has now been dead for 1.5 months and may be gone for another 1-2 months.

Jon

(to note that each time I spoke with a superbiiz employee I got either different answers, the same irrelevant "line" repeated over and over, or ums/silence until i got tired of wasting phone minutes and hang up)
In short worst 6$ over Newegg I have ever ever saved!

I stopped dealing with those clowns at superbiiz long ago.

That's just completely horrible.
I can't see how anyone would buy a SINGLE thing from them after seeing something like this.

Compared to someone like newegg, that offers ADVANCE RMA replacement, and they don't even CHARGE the card as long as you return the board within two weeks...they just put the card# on file. Despite all the hate going on about newegg recently, you can't fault them for offering such an effortless RMA.

I'm happily typing away on my B3 thanks to their RMA.
you know now where to give your money, next time, if you aren't dealing with a local shop you can just walk into and exchange a board...

Asus actually puts a hold on the money...(this means the money is temporarily charged, and then credited back later? ....)

I also bought my board from Superbiiz , I contacted them when the issue with the board first broke. They told me I have to pay to ship it back to them plus a 15% re stocking fee. They are issuing refunds only per what the rep said// we have no Idea when this issue will be resolved.:eek:

So needless to say I went the Asus route and got my board 3/8/2011 , with advanced CC Option..

Superbiiz has lost me as a customer , what a bent biscuit on the lawn they are.. I would of been out $50 and still have no board , they lost there minds over there.:mad:

I removed there bookmark , deleted/closed my account with them , marked there email as junk and washed my hands with this company..

Last edited:
I stopped dealing with those clowns at superbiiz long ago.
Very true. Take a look at the reseller ratings. All the negative issues stem from when you attempt to return something or utilize customer service.
I'll spare the text on my experience, but your experience is not uncommon for superbiz/ebiz/newbizz.

Superbiiz took 4 weeks to refund my money when I returned my recalled board and docked the shipping costs (no restocking fee though).

By comparison, Newegg took 2 days.

Choose vendors wisely my friends.

Ive dealt with superbiz and never had any problems at all..even returned a doa board and they covered shipping both ways...this kinda surprises me...maybe they have a new owner or something...my experience was like 6 months ago with a dfi x58 T3eH8...they were great to deal with at that time..
as far as the cpu deal i think they were just looking for an advantage in the marketplace, competition gets nasty in the free market..i cant really hold that against them..there competing against a giant ..
kinda like amd competing against intel, looking for any advantage....
before i purchase from superbiz tho i will check there policies as far as returnes go...it something to be aware of.....

*follow up*
So I figured out how to check the asus mobo repair status (using serial# through Asus website.
-Asus received it 2 weeks after I fast shipped it to superbiiz
-Asus showed as Wait/Swap for 1.5 weeks.
-Yesterday it disappeared and a new serial# appeared in the RMA window but showed ACI Credit
-On 3/17 I saw superbiiz had p8p67 back in stock. -contacted them, CSR said she would contact shipping to have one sent to me.

3/22
-called card company no credit showing
-no email/tracking number
-no board
-no response to emails looking for tracking number or status

No working board since valentines day... :(

Last edited:
Spoke with their friendly RMA agent (hot sounding, hey it took the edge off) Wendy. She apologized for not getting back to me and is working on shipping me a board ASAP. For the record I understand the Intel thing was a huge pain. I just would have liked a cross shipping/refund option and faster shipping responses.

Lets hope this is finally sorted.

Laters gaters

Back