P8P67 Pro Sold Out, next best option?

sethk

2[H]4U
I've only bought Gigabyte and ASUS motherboards in the last few years, and this generation, it again looks like ASUS is the one to get for me (forward looking features like UEFI, good feature mix for the money, frequent BIOS udpates and a good overclocking experience), but it's sold out everywhere and no one seems to have restock dates.

The Gigabyte equivalent appears to be the GA-P67A-UD4 but it seems to be down some SATA ports, have no UEFI support, and doesn't stand out in any way. Is it still my best bet, should I wait for the P8P67 Pro or should I get something else?

MSI's lineup is very nice, I personally own an MSI P67A-GD55. Both that and the GD65 are plentiful with features and quality components, as are pretty much all MSI LGA 1155 boards. Don't let the bad reviews fool you, most of it is a bunch of garbage talking about UEFI/BIOS issues with previous UEFI/BIOS versions on the boards.

I own the MSI P67a-gd65. I've always gone with asus/abit for my motherboards, and I haven't been disappointed. Fast board, easy to work with, tons of features, and very easy to overclock. Only issue I have is the compatability between my razer mouse and the uefi; it still works, it's just up and down movements are wrong.

I'd get one.

Your next option should be the MSI P67-GD55 (same GD65 PCB, no e-Sata, -2 SATA III) or the ASRock Extreme4 (secret tip ;) )

Ok so the GA-P67A-UD4 isn't quite as blinged out as the P8P67 pro. OTOH unlike the P8P67 pro afaict you can actually use all it's features and slots at once.

I don't see uEFI as a huge deal myself, IMO SSDs as boot drives is the way forward and I don't see affordable SSDs passing the 2TB mark for a long time.

I own the MSI P67a-gd65. I've always gone with asus/abit for my motherboards, and I haven't been disappointed. Fast board, easy to work with, tons of features, and very easy to overclock. Only issue I have is the compatability between my razer mouse and the uefi; it still works, it's just up and down movements are wrong.

I'd get one.

BIOS 1.9b fixes that.

If I were you, I would wait for the Asus Pro. I just got mine installed last night and its a dream compared to my old p55 setup. I know Amazon has been restocking this board the last few days, that is where I got mine. Keep an eye out in the early mornings, and you might just get one.

Directron has had the P8P67 Pro in stock this week. I just ordered one from there.

If you don't care about SLI, you could just get the regular P8P67. I just received mine today from xpcgear. It's not even a rebadged gen 1 board, but a full version 1.02 with B3 printed on the box (no stickers). :D

I did some research and splurged on a P8P67 WS. I was against the idea of a premium board for a budget / mid-range chipset like the P67, but decided that since I'm buying now and the Pro is not available, I'd get the WS.

The one thing I really missed compared to the X58 was the lack of PCIe lanes (and slots). I will have 2 x x16 cards (video cards) and a RAID controller with an x8 connector, and that's before any further add-in cards I may get in the future, so I decided that I may as well go for a WS. I'm planning to jump ship with LGA2011 anyways, but this should tide me over until then.

Too bad there aren't any Evo's for sale yet. That would have been a good bet for just a few more bucks.

I stopped at Fry's in Dallas last night and they had a couple of the P8P67 Pros. Picked one up and plan to build this weekend. Just hope I don't run into any of the reported issues.

I stopped at Fry's in Dallas last night and they had a couple of the P8P67 Pros. Picked one up and plan to build this weekend. Just hope I don't run into any of the reported issues.

I was at Fry's in Downers Grove this past Monday. They had a bunch of MSI P67 mobos along with one Asus P8P67 (plain) and three Asus P8P67 Pro mobos (one of the Pros was on the shelf, with two other Pros stacked high up where only an employee could legitimately reach). However, by the time I got to the mobo shelf, someone called the salesperson and reserved the lone P8P67 (non-Pro). I ended up getting one of the three P8P67 Pros.

Back