P4P800 deluxe dual channel problems

H

hh65a

I have a problem with my motherboard I cannot figure out and maybe some of you can clue me in.

I purchased this motherboard about 2 months ago and have been running 2 512 mb sticks of Geil ram (value series 2.5-3-3).

Everything works great like that but the other day i upgraded my graphics card and purchased 2 more 512 mb sticks of the same ram and after I installed it my system would give me errors half way into windows xp installation and at various times. I removed the 2 I put in and installed windows xp and everything was good.
After XP was installed i put the 2 sticks back in and just launched and alot of stuff and opened many programs (to do a quick stress) and it would reboot on me confirming its a memory thing.

If i pull out one 512 stick my Mobo goes into singular mode not dual channel mode and will run perfectly so this leads me to believe that there is some inconsistancy with my ran keeping it from running in dual channel mode.

Any Ideas on what I can try? (I video edit and use alot of memory multitasking). I have tried some different timings and voltage to the memory but that didnt work.

Is there anyway to install memory into all for slots and force singular mode and not dual channel mode?

Well After further testing I am only able to run at Manual memory at 320 FSB in dual channel DDR mode with 2 GB of memory 4x 512mb geil value ram (2.5 3, 3, )

I tried different voltages and even in 320 fsb I am unable to enable memory acceleration mode or system becomes unstable. Oh well guess I should have bought a big blue stable board.

Are you OCing?

This board can be finicky with voltages. Try upping the DDR voltage.

Originally posted by LstOfTheBrunnenG
Are you OCing?

This board can be finicky with voltages. Try upping the DDR voltage.

Nope, not overclocking at all and I have tried every voltage on the memory. <shrug> I think my board is just picky or something.

What do you mean by 320 FSB? If you mean the 320 memory setting, that only sets the divider to 5:4; it doesn't actually set the memory at 320 Mhz.

I had lots of problems like that at first. Maybe upping the voltage did it, maybe it just grew out of it. *shrugs*

I'd correct this easily but im not in control here, so, if you screw up, you dont have to worry, one has to learn from his/her mistakes. I have the answers but you havent pressed the right buttons for me yet, you can let me know if you want to find out when you press the right buttons.

^ This must be what happens when a Wachowski brother tries overclocking.

It may be your memory. I have tried different memory sticks and I have gotten a lot of different results.

My Samsung memory suffers from the same thing. With a 533MHz FSB chip I can't go past 266MHz memory clock. On my 800MHz FSB chip I can't go past 400MHz memory clock.

333 or 320MHz settings would cause the system to not POST.

However Kingston Valueram will post at either 266MHz or 333MHz. The Kingston won't do 400 as it's DDR333.

Back