p4c800-e deluxe big problem!!~! =[

viets7ylez

Gawd
Hey guys, i have a p4c800-e deluxe motherboard and a 3.0c

im running ocz pc4000 gold el.

nothing is oced and everything is at stock, but when i do something cpu intensive ill get a BSOD or a hardlock where everything freezes. Its mostly a hardlock, sometimes its a BSOD. I dont think its the psu because the rails are good and i have a fortron 530 so its not a generic one.

I think it might be a faulty board. I have run memtest for 12 hours also, and no errors..

i really need help thanks =\

What BIOS? What OS? Did you try Prime95? How long have you had the PC together and running?

1014 bios, ive had the same problem with 1016 and many of the other bioses i tried.

its runnin windows xp professional

ive had the comp together for awhile.

itll hardlock with prime 95

Not the answers I wanted to hear. LOL. Sounds like your mobo or processor is possibly on its way out. Use the Asus Probe and look at what your voltages and temps are doing.

Edit: Damn. It is late and my grammar sucks. Time for bed.

test out the ram to make sure u dont have a flaky stick. then boot up in protect or saf3 mode( f 8) and see if it locks.. alot of times software incompatiblilites can do that..
also if u have cable internet with a motorola modem the old usb drivers dont work with hyoerthreading and will cause intermittent locks too..

Well, are you overclocking?

I have a P4C800-E Rev 2 and before that the 1.1 Rev, and have never experienced any kind of problem with the board.

Back