P2415Q Question

ToddW2

2[H]4U
I can't seem to get the P2415Q to output 4K, at all.

From my 270x I get 2560x1440 via DP->Mini-DP Cable.

From my RADEON 5450 HDMI I only get 1080p.

On the OSD it says "max" resolution 4k... but what's the trick to actually enabling it?

Looks like to use DP I needed to enable MST.

HDMI simply didn't output 4k at all, maybe cable? maybe video card.

AH, ok that makes much more sense now :)

How can the 5450 drive 4K then? That's an even older card???

Guess I NEED to upgrade my video card, darn...

Yes, you need to upgrade to get 4k60, I suggest at least a single GTX 980 if you want the latest games on high detail. I own this screen, and it's an SST display.
The problem is, only HDMI 2.0 and Displayport 1.2+ support the bandwidth needed for this usage.

The included Displayport cable does work well for 4k60 @ 4:4:4, no tricks needed. It's a really beautiful and underrated screen!

Who said anything about gaming on this monitor, no one did.

I just need it to display 4k@60 or @30 it's a security camera station screen, my 3rd monitor, not my primary.

Who said anything about gaming on this monitor, no one did.

I just need it to display 4k@60 or @30 it's a security camera station screen, my 3rd monitor, not my primary.

I did, did you have trouble reading my post?

I also posted "if", but since you're only interested in making snarky ass responses I'm finished here.

Yes, you need to upgrade to get 4k60, I suggest at least a single GTX 980 if you want the latest games on high detail. I own this screen, and it's an SST display.
The problem is, only HDMI 2.0 and Displayport 1.2+ support the bandwidth needed for this usage.

The included Displayport cable does work well for 4k60 @ 4:4:4, no tricks needed. It's a really beautiful and underrated screen!

I don't need to do anything. Please, don't tell me what I "need" as far as video cards for gaming when no one mentioned it. You're projecting you're usage of this monitor, not how I plan to use it. No where did I ask about playing games. I don't want any games, at any detail. You're "IF" I want is for detail, not if I want to game or not...

I did, did you have trouble reading my post?

I also posted "if", but since you're only interested in making snarky ass responses I'm finished here.

You're the one who came in telling me what I need. with no understanding of application you're just ASSuming.

Sorry, I don't think that was snarky, I just am not interested in a high-end card to play games at 4k as it's not even my center monitor.

4k@30 or 4k@60 on the cheap. Thus why I tried my 5450 HDMI which others have said worked, it didn't for me. Mini-DP is working but in MST.

Eventually I'll get another GPU for Mini-DPs only, and for multiple 4Ks. They're just $ and I only have 1 4k right now :)

Back