p1 166mhz proc motherboard problem

darkmyth

Gawd
alright first off the cmos battery went dead so I put one in that I had (brand new) and put it in, but while I was replacing it the clip that holds down the battery broke off :mad: The clip had a "+" on it for reference. But I then tried to push the batt. down then reboot the machine to see if it'd still work and it still states the cmos is low. Did this clip carry current, and that is why it's not working?? I'll mostlikely need to get a diff board, but is there anyway I can fix this one?

use of box (webserver, ftp server, etc. OS linux redhat 9)

I had the same thing happen, I fixed it with a but of thick copper wire , bent it into a makeshift clip, works ok now. if it still shows low, it might the mobo, but the clip does make a small difference./.

DR_K13 said:
I had the same thing happen, I fixed it with a but of thick copper wire , bent it into a makeshift clip, works ok now. if it still shows low, it might the mobo, but the clip does make a small difference./.

sauldered it on, or?

I had a similar problem where the battery clip broke but I used a small tiewrap to secure it by making a belt around the battery and holder.

i have a 166, 4 200mmx, and a 233mmx... all full computers.. you pay shipping and shit, i will send one to you.. or i will send you a mobo and cpu to save shipping costs..

i was going to start making keychains out of the ram and cpus...

check your board, some of them older motherboards had a 4 pin header for an exteral battery

scottatwittenberg said:
i have a 166, 4 200mmx, and a 233mmx... all full computers.. you pay shipping and shit, i will send one to you.. or i will send you a mobo and cpu to save shipping costs..

i was going to start making keychains out of the ram and cpus...

how much for the 166 shipping??

my zip code is 49849

Hehe I man cmon dude you can pick up even a used p2 450 / motherboard for about 20.00 bucks lol

aw crap, if i had seen this thread like a week earlier i would have had like 5 old p1 machines i could have sent you guys. i threw them out :(

Thermite Paste said:
aw crap, if i had seen this thread like a week earlier i would have had like 5 old p1 machines i could have sent you guys. i threw them out :(

oh no :(

Back