Overscan workaround??

Rdzona

Gawd
I just built a media pc, and I have it connected to my living room tv, which is a sony rear projection. I've had an old laptop hooked up to it in the past using s-video and everything was fine, although it max out at std def.

Well now I have my new media pc hooked up to it using DVI, and I'm subject to the 5 or 10% overscan the tv does. Basically I can't see any boarders which makes using the taskbar in Win7 a real pain. For graphics, I'm using the on board intel HD 4000 on the i3-3225.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this or am I stuck?

Just fire up the Intel client and adjust the overscan.

Yeah I tried that, the intel client gives me an option to enforce underscan, I'm thinking that's what I can use to cancel out the overscan, but it keeps telling me that I've entered incorrect values for my display device. Any suggestions on that front?

If you know what your doing you can go into the tv's service menu and adjust the over scan. I have done it on a few CRT rear projections and 34inch wide screen crt's.

If you know what your doing you can go into the tv's service menu and adjust the over scan. I have done it on a few CRT rear projections and 34inch wide screen crt's.

Umm, not off hand but I'm the adventurous willing to learn type. Do you have any good guides or links that you might point me to that semi describes this task? Thanks

I don't know about your TV but mine has a setting called "Just Scan" that made the computer screen perfectly fit the TV viewing area. "Just Scan" directly maps the incoming image to the sets pixels, eliminating overscan.

If the TV accepts digital input, it should have a "Native" or "Natural" or "Just Scan" (or similar) display scaling setting that will work properly for you.

Back