Limp Gawd
Hello, new to the forums, wanted to say "HELLO!"

My system is as follows:
Asus P4PE
P4 2.4
512mb DDR
80gb/8mb cache HD
9600 pro

Last night I decided to overclock my asus P4PE and P4 2.4.

I got it up to 3.0 and it's running great. My question, is what is the highest I can go with the stock cooling? I didn't attempt to go higher for fear of burning something. I'm running the stock cooling.

I am also running Asus Probe and the CPU temp stays in the high 50's. But last night I was ripping a DVD and rendering a DIVX vid, and it got up to 65 or so. I set it to alarm at 75 and went to bed, but never heard anything.

Is that OK? System runs smooth. Can I get a bigger fan/heatsink and some paste and take it to the max (asusprobe says max is 3.2).

Thanks for any and all help, and I look foward to visiting these forums in the future!

- Jeff

I have a 2.4B (533 FSVB) and an ASUS P4PE. The board is good, kinda uck on the PC 2700 ram max out but meh. I have it running at 2.88 stable with 30 idle and it goes to about 50 when I play cs or so. My ram is horrible so that is why it is maxing out. When I run prime 95 it is stable. I am running it at 18 x 160 with Nanya Tech and the P4 Stock Heatsink Fan.

What BIOS are you running. I am running 1002 and I can not find the emergency temp shut down. Where is it, if you could give me the full path, I think I should upgrade to 1007 but I don't wanna unless I am having conflict errors.

My advicve to you is to run Prime 95 (google it, unless you have) and make shure it is stable. That is kinda hot, 65 C, how I do love it when I am playing CS, my comp gets to about 50 and then it wamrms my hands.

Hope this helps, ( I am bored in my tech class)

65 is a little high. You probably want to get a better heatsink if you want go 3.2 or higher.

I think I should upgrade to 1007 but I don't wanna unless I am having conflict errors.

The ASUS update utility for the BIOS is quick and painless - one of the many reasons I like ASUS mainboards so much.:)

Yeaha but I heard somewhere that if your power goes out while you are updating your mobo is fried till your repalce like a chip thing or something. I think I am gonna go do it when I get home tho. I got my new floppy working,

don't paint it blindly with out taping it off, bad move, just take the cover off, it;s worth it

The ASUS utility works right in windows - no floppy. It took less than a minute, so you would need some pretty bad luck for the power to drop during that "exact" 40 seconds in which it was updating. :p

I have a P4PE and the temps are of by a good 10 degrees C when I compare to my external probe.

Mine runs @ 174 fsb, ram @ 435mhz (5/4 setting).

what stepping 2.4B u guys got i got the b0 stepping and it can only get mine to 3ghz only if i set the vcore to 1.75V, but itlld do 160 FSB @ 1.6V. odd. Also Asus boards overvolt, my default voltage is 1.6V :(. I got the shittest 2.4B u can get heh.

I used Aflash V2.21 - you can get it right from ASUS's site or on the disk that came with the mobo.
When you go to their site, click the download link, put in the model (P4PE), put BIOS in the dropdown, and it will give you a list of utilities and BIOS versions for that mobo.

Back