OT: Shipping a 60 TVfrom California to Ontario?

Arju

[H]ard|Gawd
We got a little bit of a situation... My buddy has some relatives in California who don't need their 60' Sony Projection anymore. The TV is still worth a couple grand and they offered it to him if he can take it.

The problem is that him (and I) live in Ontario, Canada. How can we get this thing besides picking it up ourselves? Any couriers we could contact? And what tariffs should we expect? I doubt UPS or Fedex or any major shipping company would keep the thing in one piece nevermind ship it for a decent price. We have a budget of $500 to get it. Any thoughts?

Dude....ROAD trip I made it from Sacremento, CA to Macon, GA in three days by myself in a Ford Ranger...............fly out....rent a truck and drive back.

For $500?

Me and my buddy are working right now and driving to Ontario would take a while nevermind logistical issues....

Hopefully someone can enlighten me on a way to ship it here :(

somehow it was delivered to them. pack it up and get it sent to you.

or go online and make up some story and lie to dell and get them to tell you how they do it

just insure it for a hella lot

or try your local box it up and ship place

you can pack it in a box and use any courier to ground ship to your place. At the border, just make sure it is labelled "OLd, used TV--gift"

You really should contact your custom and see what the rules are, and make sure at the end of that conversation, get the name of the person to held him repsonible for what he said.

Back