Organizing fonts?

Gabe

2[H]4U
I have a huge font archive in a directory, which I want to sort by style and install and uninstall at will. I am looking for good (prefererably free) software that will allow me to organize my fonts. Any recommendations? Any ideas why Microsoft has never bothered to take their font management a little more seriously? It is the same installation screen from Windows 3.1! I do not know if this is an oversight or some weird game MS is playing with consumers, but it seems there isn't really anything (modern) out there to manage fonts. Adobe Type Manager doesn't exist anymore, even.

I personally use Bitstream's Font Navigator, which came with Corel Draw 8 and is no longer available. Googling around, however, I found recommendations for The Font Thing at http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/tft.html

It's apparently a bit outdated (might not handle OpenType fonts correctly) but seems like it'd do what you want.

try Font Frenzy for free from MajorGeeks.com. Let me know what you try I'm looking for one too.

Back