Ordered my Evga 6800 Gt

stone

n00b
Just ordered my Evga 6800 gt online for 399.99 + 15$ shipping to canada.Cant wait to get my hands on it!

Nice.

Too bad UPS is taking 8 days to ship my 2 day air 6800 GT.

Hopefully, one day, UPS goes out of Business.

My GT is the first eVGA I've owned but I am already impressed with not only the card itself but the packaging and presentation as well (no devilish anime artwork all over everything :p ) just ignore the well intentioned but misguided "preferred bios settings" in the manual and you'll be fine. ;)

Incus said:
Nice.

Too bad UPS is taking 8 days to ship my 2 day air 6800 GT.

Hopefully, one day, UPS goes out of Business.
Lol...did the pilot get lost in the clouds? :p

omfg...

Zipzoomfly just emailed me the don't have them instock even though I ordered from them on Thursday saying they did?! WTF

God damndiggfkj;sldkgjl;kgjsdjdsg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

Incus said:
omfg...

Zipzoomfly just emailed me the don't have them instock even though I ordered from them on Thursday saying they did?! WTF

God damndiggfkj;sldkgjl;kgjsdjdsg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

join the cluster fuck club that is becoming "6800GT Search 2004"

stone said:
Just ordered my Evga 6800 gt online for 399.99 + 15$ shipping to canada.Cant wait to get my hands on it!

Where did you order from? Is it a Canadian retailer?

Lyrids said:
Where did you order from? Is it a Canadian retailer?
If I remember his thread correctly he was going to order directly from eVGA. The advantage is that they sell for MSRP (since they are Nvidia launch partners ) and they seem to be truthful about in/out of stock unlike some other online vendors.

Here is the lowdown : there is such a shortage on next gen gfx cards(Ati's x800 and Nv 6800) that the small amounts of them who are available seem to stay in the us. I have a friend here in canada who works in a computer store and he juste received is first x800 pro from is retailler. And there selling at about 50-75$ more then the msrp.

So i decided to hell with waiting and ordered directly from Evga.

Oh I thought you ordered from somewhere in stock :(

But anyway I guess that's what I'll probably end up doing.

i order mine last week, thursaday to be exact. They charged my CC, so hopefully they sent it :).

btw, I also live in canada.

I'm just so damn pissed off they gave me all these tracking orders, charged the CC, then over a week later they decide to tell me "Oops, we never had it" What a crock of shit.

This really pisses me off.

Mine was supposed to be here today. . .
. . . It was delivered at 1:15p.m. PST. . .

Oh but nobody was here to sign for it so now I dont get it until tomarrow.

I'm so damn pissed off.

Incus

I got that same email. I canceled the order. I don't have the money on my cc and the order status has been "Packed" since Friday afternoon.

stone said:
How do you check your order status?

When mine shipped from evga they sent me an e-mail...that e-mail contains the link to the ups site to track it...mine will be here tomorrow...:)

I got mine delivered today at like 10a.m. I raced home on my lunch break to open it up and look at it. I had like 5 minutes so I couldn't really do anything but open it up.

I'm going to install tonight.

I cant wait.

Scheizekopf said:
I got mine delivered today at like 10a.m. I raced home on my lunch break to open it up and look at it. I had like 5 minutes so I couldn't really do anything but open it up.

I cant wait.

Did you at least fondle it? They like to be fondled.

Scheizekopf said:

I cant wait.

Congrats, it's a great feeling huh.

By far, the most annoying part of ordering the GT from EVGA was the shipping. I paid the extra few bucks for 2 day delivery, and when I checked the order status at work I saw that the UPS guy made an attempt at my house, and didn't leave it at my door! I mean, some people work all day and will not be home to accept the freakin package. I had to call UPS and arrange to meet the driver later in the day at one of his pickup locations. How annoying!

Most everything that is delivered to my house gets left at my door without a problem. EVGA had marked it as requiring a signature. But, I got it, and it's working very well..

I hope Newegg gets theirs tomorrow, so I can cancel my pre-order from eVGA...But I'm sure they won't get it in.

Micas said:
By far, the most annoying part of ordering the GT from EVGA was the shipping. I paid the extra few bucks for 2 day delivery, and when I checked the order status at work I saw that the UPS guy made an attempt at my house, and didn't leave it at my door! I mean, some people work all day and will not be home to accept the freakin package. I had to call UPS and arrange to meet the driver later in the day at one of his pickup locations. How annoying!

Most everything that is delivered to my house gets left at my door without a problem. EVGA had marked it as requiring a signature. But, I got it, and it's working very well..

Dunno about you but I wouldn't want to leave a $400 vid card sitting on my door step.

Fed Ex left my 900 dollar LCD in it's retail box sitting on the front porch.........

Too bad I had to RMA it due to some problems. Should be any for 900 dollars.

Should have checked their location.. they ship from S. Cali. So S. cali gets next day delivery for ground :)

everyone is going mad over the GT...maybe i need to jump on the bandwagon..i was thinking i would hold out for the Ultras and XTPE's to start showing up...

Micas, received my card from EVGA last week. What I do is this, since I work all day as well, and can't count on the wife to be home all the time is to leave a note for UPS with my Signature on it asking them to leave the package by the backdoor. This work 99% of the time. Ocassionally a vendor specifies that someone must physically be present though, but most of the time as long as they have your signature on a note it's fine.

And NO, I'm NOT telling any of you where I live. Ok Jersey, but that's all I'm saying. :p

honestjohn said:
Micas, received my card from EVGA last week. What I do is this, since I work all day as well, and can't count on the wife to be home all the time is to leave a note for UPS with my Signature on it asking them to leave the package by the backdoor. This work 99% of the time. Ocassionally a vendor specifies that someone must physically be present though, but most of the time as long as they have your signature on a note it's fine.

And NO, I'm NOT telling any of you where I live. Ok Jersey, but that's all I'm saying. :p

Ya.. I understand that. The sticker that UPS left on my door has this deal where you can sign the back and they will leave it when they try to deliever the next day, if that's how the shipper agreed to. Unfortunately, EVGA didn't give UPS that option. The requirement was for a signature of a person over 21 years. Besides, I didn't want to wait a day.

I've had much more expensive items left at my door, but I understand why the seller wouldn't want to do that. If somebody stole it, I think they'd be on the hook for the replacement. It would have been nice if UPS would have let me know about when they would deliver it and I would have been home for that. Still, chasing down the driver wasn't that big of a deal. It's amazing the things geeks do for cool toys..

At this point, I'm just glad to have it for next week. It would seem supplies have dried up and there's lots of people out there scrambling for GT's and none are available. I suspect that now might be a good time to invest in Nvidia stock.

heh I always ship to work where there is pretty much guaranteed someone there to sign for it. If I ship it home I am never there and then I have to go through that 3 missed deliveries/redirect to shipping depot lunacy.

Two days ago I got a msi 9800pro. Plugged it in and got artifacts from hell starting from boot. My cousin, same day, got a sapphire 9800pro. SAME DAMN PROBLEM. We decided God wanted us to go back to Nvidia.

Just ordered a evga 6800gt from evga.com for 399.99 + 2 day air AM shipping for 22.00

I hope I go gold with it. Another problem would devistate me. That step up program is bad ass. Ill keep the card for 3 months then trade it in with a little coinage for an ultra or ultra extreme.

Back