Ordered an eVGA6800GT and its already shipped!

zombie10k said:
I got mine from them, they ship the same day. clocks to 415/1150. nice.

Thats good to hear. I heard they OC as high as the BFG OC cards. I also just read they are a USA based company.

I also ordered mine yesterday and it shipped yesterday. I can't wait!

nkmcc said:
I also ordered mine yesterday and it shipped yesterday. I can't wait!

Man I didnt even notice that I get a free full version of FarCry with it. To bad I already have it. :( I'll just give it to a friend I guess.

I've been trying to hold out for the BFG OC'd card, but who knows when it will be readily available.

Does eVGA make quality cards? The last vid card I bought was a Visiontek GF3, so it's been awhile.

I am also very curious about user's experience with the eVGA 6800GT.

Anyone who has one please post your experience with this card.

(Overclockability, Satisfaction, Warranty, etc.)

It seems like a pretty good deal with Far Cry included. (I am one of the few who does not own the game already.)

Santos L. Halper said:
It seems like a pretty good deal with Far Cry included. (I am one of the few who does not own the game already.)

Sup, non-Far Cry-owning buddy.

I can run my eVGA GT @ 415/1150 with no lockups or artifacts. I just keep it @ 400/1100 just to play it safe though. I love this card, first eVGA card ever, very happy, highly recommended!:)

Dyslexic said:
Man I didnt even notice that I get a free full version of FarCry with it. To bad I already have it. :( I'll just give it to a friend I guess.

Looks like my friend will inherit a copy as well. :) At least this one is on DVD.

So far I have seen nothing buy praise for the eVGA 6800GT on this forum, and it appears to be a good overclocker as well, with many of them being right up there with the best of the BFG 6800GT OC. I will be sure and post the results of how mine overclocks when I get it.

I had my mind set on a BFG 6800GT, but if i cant find one @ $399 by this weekend, i will order the eVGA. Yah i know the cards are the same tech wise, i just wanted the BFG. .

I really wanted the BFG as well, but when I called them they would not even give me a guess as to when they would get cards in, let alone ship them. It appears they got some in yesterday or today, but not nearly enough to ship all orders. I didn't want to order a card without some idea as to when it would ship.

my evga farcry came with like the multi cd set.

but my farcry from zipzoomfly is the dvd

joobjoob said:
my evga farcry came with like the multi cd set.

but my farcry from zipzoomfly is the dvd

I thought I saw somewhere when I ordered it was a DVD, but if the multi CDs come no big deal.

Ordered mine Saturday, came Tuesday (2nd day shipping), overclock and 3DMark03 in sig. Great card, idles on 53*C. Definatly get one if you have $400.

i just ordered an eVGA also, hopefully I don't get raped with duty fees because it is being shipped to Canada. It comes with frycry, but I'll be too busy with doom 3 instead :). Probably I wont even open the package.

mjz_5

guys, the eVga card is built by the same company making all the reference 6800GT's. The only difference with BFG is that they take off the heatsinks and apply AS5. They also have a very good lifetime warranty.

eVga only has 1 year. On the flipside, they have a 90 upgrade program. You can get back your full CASH in trade for an updated model within 90 days of purchase. So if you bought a $399 6800GT today, within 3 months you can put up another $100 for an Ultra (if thats what you wanted) and make all your $$ back in trade. Not a bad deal at all.

The card is awesome so far. I have in in a SB75 Shuttle, 3.2-->3.6, 1 gig ram.

Dyslexic said:

I'll be your friend... A friend in need, is a friend indeed!!!

zombie10k said:
guys, the eVga card is built by the same company making all the reference 6800GT's. The only difference with BFG is that they take off the heatsinks and apply AS5. They also have a very good lifetime warranty.

eVga only has 1 year. On the flipside, they have a 90 upgrade program. You can get back your full CASH in trade for an updated model within 90 days of purchase. So if you bought a $399 6800GT today, within 3 months you can put up another $100 for an Ultra (if thats what you wanted) and make all your $$ back in trade. Not a bad deal at all.

The card is awesome so far. I have in in a SB75 Shuttle, 3.2-->3.6, 1 gig ram.

Good point. I guess i'll order the eVGA & get the VGA Silencer 4 when its out. Plus i dont have my own copy of Far Cry so thats one less game i need to buy. I wanted to get a card from Best Buy so i could use my rewards card & end up getting some gift certs back (free Doom3).

Heading to evga.com

In all reality is the overclocking really helping that much? I have never overclocked nor do i know how. I dont really plan on doing it in the future either unless i really need it. How much faster is the BFG overclocked to the eVGA standard?

Got mine today.. Slammed it in, fired it up, auto-detected to 420/1100. Can't beat it, and who knows.. maybe an upgrade will be in order in 3 months..

Just need to unload an FX5900 and a copy of Far Cry now..

Got mine yesterday and I'm still playing with it, I've got it at 400/1100 and I'm not pushing my luck just yet because there's no reason. Definately the fastest vid card I've ever had in my rig :cool: The eVGA card itself looks and feels very high quality and unlike the PNY which doesn't even have a driver cd..eVGA packs in a cd with drivers (not very old ones) dvd playback software and some other stuff. Even the manual seems more comprhensive than most and also written by a native english speaker :p Oh...did I mention full version of Far Cry also? I'm having trouble installing that but it has nothing to do with the card.

I just ordered mine from eVGA.com. (7/22 @ 10:45p.m. PST)

$440 with standard ground shipping. Damn TAX.

I cant wait to get it. AHH. Sucks that I already got Far Cry just like a month ago and beat it. I'm still going to play it all over again with the 1.2 patch.

I want to OC it really bad too.

Yep, just ordered an eVGA 6800GT as well! Dunno if it's shipped yet or not... How are you guys finding that out? Just an email verification stating so or somewhere on their website. I couldn't find anything on the website heh.

xkilla101 said:
Yep, just ordered an eVGA 6800GT as well! Dunno if it's shipped yet or not... How are you guys finding that out? Just an email verification stating so or somewhere on their website. I couldn't find anything on the website heh.

yeah, u get an email..

eVGA has good customer support also, i called regarding my order, someone picks up the phone right away!

Santos L. Halper said:
I am also very curious about user's experience with the eVGA 6800GT.

Anyone who has one please post your experience with this card.

(Overclockability, Satisfaction, Warranty, etc.)

Fabulous , and their customer service rocks. They actually call me the next day to see I how liked thier product. It does 400/1100 effortlessly but I must say that with the latest drivers 375/1050 is actually faster and smoother in Far Cry. I have no idea why but I dont care, the 1.2 patch did something and the game looks more beautiful than ever. I am going through it again at a higher skill level just for the eye candy

jacuzz1 said:
Fabulous , and their customer service rocks. They actually call me the next day to see I how liked thier product. It does 400/1100 effortlessly but I must say that with the latest drivers 375/1050 is actually faster and smoother in Far Cry. I have no idea why but I dont care, the 1.2 patch did something and the game looks more beautiful than ever. I am going through it again at a higher skill level just for the eye candy

It may not be completely stable at those speeds, which would explain why it runs better clocked a little lower. Big overclocks are great, but you don't always gets what you think you're getting because of instability, and throttling in some cases.

Sysjack said:
It may not be completely stable at those speeds, which would explain why it runs better clocked a little lower. Big overclocks are great, but you don't always gets what you think you're getting because of instability, and throttling in some cases.

Thanks, thats insightful. I believe what your refering to my in fact be a huge issue as Carmack was illuding to much the same thing in his comments about Doom. I think I will be running stock clocks first then ticking it up with that game.

I am hopefull that my Ultra will be available by then. (addtional power imput and dual DVI are items I find worth the addtional 100 dollars as it relates to Doom and similar titles

Back