Ordered a Plextor PX-708UF!

DarkMazda

n00b
Hey All! I just ordered a Plextor PX-708UF! Its the External DVDR from Plextor.. It came out to $288 + Free Shipping, but it should be worth all the pennies! Here are the specs

The Plextor PX-708UF delivers the fastest performance in dual formats: 8X DVD+R write, 4X DVD-R write, 4X DVD+RW rewrite, 2X DVD-RW rewrite, and 12X DVD-ROM read. In addition to recording, rewriting and reading DVD discs in dual formats, the PX-708UF supports 40X CD-R write, 24X CD-RW rewrite and 40X CD-ROM read speeds. All in one drive. Create a 4.7 GB disc on DVD media in about 8 minutes.

Uses USB2/FireWire connection. it should be great!

Congrats....now remember to use your new found powers for good only.:D

hey cool, keep us updated on that. i've been thinking about buying the internal IDE version.

shipped today! I'm from NJ and it was shipped from PA by UPS Ground... hopefully it would come tomorrow~ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Excellent choice on the drive. Plextors are the only optical drives I use anymore after realizing my old Plexwriter 8X SCSI drive has burned over 1,000 discs and still keeps asking for more, and my 48X has burned about 200. I want the IDE version of the drive but am holding out to see what the dual layer drives will be like. Make sure to update us on how it works.

I've got this burner for over one month now and I'm very happy with it... makes superb burns and it looks great too.

expensive, but very good choice - software bundle is also impressive

You have invested well my son. That drive is awesome. I own the internal version.

Back