Optimal airflow for the BitFenix Prodigy M MATX?

dogbyte_13

[H]ard|Gawd
Building a computer soon for my son, and i was wondering what would be good air flow setup. I have a total of 5 fans that can be in it, 2 on top 120mm, 2 on the bottom 2 129mm and one on the back 120 or 140. I was thinking about having just 2 on top pulling in air and then the one on the back exhausting for positive pressure.. Now mind you the CPU cooler going in this is a coolermaster hyper 212+. Case link below. Any thoughts or suggestions?

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/chassis/prodigy-m

Optimal airflow is front to back, especially if you have a tower cooler like the Hyper 212+. Put the fans on the front of the case, not the top. Save additional fans for the top or if you have some watercooling gear you can't fit anywhere else. The front to back setup is more important on the Prodigy especially for the drives and power supply at the bottom of the case starving for air. With intake fans on the front at least a little air will get down there and blow over hard drives first, instead of the PSU sucking air from whatever direction it can get.

Back