opinions on watercooled rigged?

swoop56

Limp Gawd
It looks a bit messy but I cleaned it up as best I could. The res is screwed into where the front 80mm fan would go. You can kind of see it tucked into the HD cage.

water1.jpg

water2.jpg

water3.jpg

water4.jpg

who cares what we think? do YOU like it? and does it work well for you? that's what you should be more concerned with.

p.s. yes it's fine. :p

I like that radiator - where you get it? This should have been in the watercooling section -could a mod move it?

I think the case and look is nice. But I'd move the radiator so it's hidden. Or try to put it somewhere in the case. I'm all about making the case look like it has less stuff connected to it.

no offense but theres a few things i dont like

1) the pump goes right to the CPU. this means the heat from the pump is transferred to the CPU, as opposed to pump->rad->cpu where the rad would have a chance to cool the added heat first

2) paint the rad. only the outside obviously not into the fins or anything

3) get that skidmark, i mean mac logo off the top ;)

looks good otherwise, except for the res that was what i had for my first w/c setup

Looks nice, what size tubing is that? Looks pretty big compared to my 3/8" tygon . And it that colored tubing?

And where'd you get that Apple logo??

stumpy said:
Looks nice, what size tubing is that? Looks pretty big compared to my 3/8" tygon.

looks pretty big compared to my 1/4 tubing too :( :D

That's the same heatercore I use!

I agree with Kronchev, a bit of paint on the heatercore would do wonders for the case's appearance.

EDIT: and is that a kink I see on the inlet to the CPU block?

kronchev said:
1) the pump goes right to the CPU. this means the heat from the pump is transferred to the CPU, as opposed to pump->rad->cpu where the rad would have a chance to cool the added heat first

I don't think this will make any difference at all. The relatively low temperature gain caused by the pump would still be present in the heat of the water coming out of the radiator as this is a closed loop system. Every test I have seen involving the order of components has come to the conclusion that it doesn't make a difference, just as long as the pump is not at the top of the loop and the res is not at the bottom (due to possible pump damage due to bubbles).

Back