Opinions on Ground Control 2?

kronchev

[H]F Junkie
I was looking through the screenshot thread, and it caught my eye. Never heard of it till I saw it, and it looks FANTASTIC! Can I get some opinions on it? I love the C&C series (generals: zh the most, but the old ones are still great), age of XXXX, etc. Just looking for a new RTS :)

kronchev said:
I was looking through the screenshot thread, and it caught my eye. Never heard of it till I saw it, and it looks FANTASTIC! Can I get some opinions on it? I love the C&C series (generals: zh the most, but the old ones are still great), age of XXXX, etc. Just looking for a new RTS :)

I'm also a huge C&C fan. The original was the first game that got me interested in PC gaming. Here was a type of game I'd never seen before that couldn't be accurately reproduced on a console.

That said, I've only played the GC2 demo, but it seems like a pretty darn good game. Give the demo a try. If you like it then by all means pick up the game.

Ground Control 2 is a good game. However I'm playing Warhammer 40K : Dawn of War Open Beta right now.. and this GAME OWNS... (rts)

theNoid said:
Ground Control 2 is a good game. However I'm playing Warhammer 40K : Dawn of War Open Beta right now.. and this GAME OWNS... (rts)

yeh i did register for that but fileplanet pisses me off more ways than anything else and i never get around to downloading it.

I was really into Ground control 1, and then Ground control 2, and I would have to say this game rocks. Its way more tactical than most rts, and its not just a resource battle, where u can sit back and build a fat army then slaughter.

That being said, I just started Dawn of War Beta a week ago, I used to play the game on the table so I understand most of what is what, and this game is awesome. 4 races, instead of 2 from GC2, tons of upgrades and building, its somewhat resource based, but you have to capture points in order to get money for making soldiers. I recommend it to anyone, and if you dont have a cdkey yet, i would hurry since the beta is closing their regisrations soon. thx

I LOVE IT! Best RTS game i've played in a while :D Great graphics also :D :D Im stuck on this one mission though, think im gonna use god mode or something. I've been playing doom 3 so GC2 hasnt got much attention in a while..

Great graphics! But I absolutely suck at it! I'm getting pwnt at the second mission :(:

It plays like CC but minus the troops and resource managements. You just call in for backup and the drop ship will send them to you. Depending on your AC points. Graphically, the games look very nice. You can even pan the view like a third person shooter.

i like it, i think it adds a more strategical aspect to an RTS, kind of like starcraft, where actually micromanaging your units was worth it, where in the command and conquer series i don't feel its worth the effort to take your time and manage each unit.

Back