Oops, I bought 384 CUDA cores

Objekt

Limp Gawd
When the video card for my latest build was about halfway here, I realized I had accidentally bought a 384-CUDA core card (MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II) instead of a 448-CUDA core card. Really wish they would have given them different model numbers, since they are technically different GPU models.

Am I going to regret this?

FWIW, I play games on a CRT running 1600x1200, and I have no plans to buy additional video cards.

At youre resolution I doubt it.
In fact the money you saved I would invest into new CPU/mobo.

Like Fidel said, it should be fine. The 560ti is still a beast of a card and will be great for your resolution.

Groovy. The Frozr II (as well as the newer Frozr III) is a very nifty-looking card. There's a handsome aluminum frame holding the two cooling fans, and a very shiny network of what must be heat pipes beneath.

As it happens, I did invest in a new...well, everything. The Frozr II 560 Ti card is part of my brand new gaming/etc. rig. Hey, that reminds me, guess I should change my sig to reflect the new specs.

I did my best to stick to at $1000 budget for the whole system, and I met that goal. Trimming $15 here and $30 there can add up.

Yes it can. Congratulations on your new rig, may it provide you many hours of gaming nirvana.

Back