Onkyo 705 + wii upscaling

Hades16x

2[H]4U
Finally home from school - can actually make a post!.

So to make a long story short, I've been battling this problem for a while now locally, and now I want to reach out and see if anyone here has some insight.

About a year ago I purchased a TX-SR705 for my home audio setup ( Paired with some Polk Monitor 70's/ 40's for the rear, CS1 and a crappy sub since my neighbors don't approve on bass.) I currently have all the HDMI in's used ( PS3 / 360 / Cable ).

I've been wanting to connect my Wii through the receiver, but for some reason I get terrible video lag using HDMI output to TV.

Best way I can describe it:

Playing Wii Sports - Tennis
The sound perfect, swing the remote, the whooshing sound comes.
The video - see the ball, swing the remote, hear the sound, ball goes behind you, then you swing on screen.

Could it be the delay processing 480i>1080p? Would component cables for the few games that support 480p increase speed?

I dont really feel like purchasing a new receiver right now...

Any input would be amazing.

Thanks guys,
Michael

Mods, please feel free to move this thread.

It could be from the reciever, but most likely is from your TV. What type and model of HDTV do you have?

nah its not the display its the Wii.. i have the same problem with mine.. even it upconverting to 1080i it lags.. playing at 720p it seems to be fine.. so i dont know if its just the limitation of the Wii not being able to upconvert it.. but there is also a setting in the Wii to calibrate the controllers with the upconverting lag.. which is what you might have to try.. no matter what tv or resolution i always have to calibrate the stupid guitar for guitar hero III

It is definitely the de-interlacing that is causing the delay, you may find it better running 480p using component cables.

Back