One thought . . . .

LGZdarkside

[H]ard [H]eaded
Let me preface me comments with the following: Great to see the forum is back!

Now for my "little" sugestion....

I would REALLY love to see a special section for news articles and reviews, basically any front page story, including the weird stuff!

Only let the mods start the threads, one for each news article, review, etc, and put a link in each of them where we can post comments and discuss them.

Then it would be perfect IMHO.

Brent

Ill second that, partly, what i would like to see, which also could bring more ppl on the forums, when there is a [H] story (some story/review/test made by the [H] ) it would be nice to have a discussion thread about the article on the forums, with a "Discuss this article in the forums" link at the end of the article on [H]ard|ocp.

A "Frontpage Articles" forum.
So that Kyle, or whoever makes the article, first make a thread in "Frontpage Articles", then post the article on [H]ocp with a link to the discussion thread.

This only for the [H] made articles, not all the other small ones.

I would take a link to just the articles, but so much cool weird stuff is posted that I would love to comment on and have no where to do that!

Frustrating!

Brent

Yes ofcourse a link in the forum thread to the article aswell as having a link on the frontpage inside the article to the forum thread.

Add my vote to the article threads - and also the mod / admin control as to which articles get a thread, I could just see the dupes.

Peace,
Tim

I believe Kyle's previous response to this was that he wants to keep hardocp.com and hardforum.com separate entities, that is why there has been no linking of articles to threads and vice versa.

Of course, I could be wrong.

He posted elsewhere in this forum to the effect that now that the forum can take it, he'll be linking from the frontpage to threads in the appropriate forum for talking about the review. I assume this will happen only when all the bugs are worked out here.

Im quite interested in the stress-testing that'll ensue when the forum is promoted on the frontpage again.

Hey guys, maybe it wouldn't hurt so much to visit his main page and help Kyle out with hit counts and advertising. Or you can all be lazy and live inside the forum like a geek behind a computer screen, never leaving your home :)

Methodical said:
He posted elsewhere in this forum to the effect that now that the forum can take it, he'll be linking from the frontpage to threads in the appropriate forum for talking about the review. I assume this will happen only when all the bugs are worked out here.

Im quite interested in the stress-testing that'll ensue when the forum is promoted on the frontpage again.

I missed that post. never the less it is great news!

Brent

We will be posting threads about HardOCP articles and reviews in the proper sections of the forum when we publish the articles. :)

It would be cool to have a forum for those crazy things that are posted by kyle and steve. Somehow though I can see a forum dedicated to the frontpage's weird posts turn into a GenMay or In the news forum.

It still would be neat to rag on a funny picture that got posted.

Back