One Mad MAN!, just got a IC7-max3

Azn226

Limp Gawd
not sure if this is in the right place or not. if it isn't sorry.
I just bought a ic7-max3 from fry's today for 199+tax= $214
i get home, open up the box getting all happy that i finally got my new motherboard. and guess what?!?!?! ITs been used and opened. the I O plate was missing and the cable bags were all Torn up and taped back together. the Manual had been written in about Intel Ver. 5.1.0.1.1008. and some other crap. And i MADE sure the box didn't have that label saying it was opened. so first thing tomorrow morning im heading back there to get my DAmn Motherboard that is new. :mad: !!!!

Just shows that they are getting better at hiding the fact that someone had already bought it and brought it back. That does suck.

Good luck when you get your new one, perhaps should open it up right there at the counter when you pay for it, just to make sure.

personaly I have purchased ONE mobo from Fry's and that was beacuse I had just upgraded to a new 1.4 Tbird and it didn't post in my old mobo and I needed a test bed...when I was there I could see that almost EVERY mobo had been opened..didn't matter what brand or series...I can honesly say that I saw maybe 5-6 unopened boxes there

I have had a similar experience. I bought my Asus P4C800 Deluxe there awhile back. Then I got the same board for a friends system I was building for him. When I got it the I/O Shield was gone. Everything else was there though. I just went back up there and told them to give me the I/O Shield. They said ok. Took one out of another box and I was done.

Originally posted by Sir-Fragalot
I have had a similar experience. I bought my Asus P4C800 Deluxe there awhile back. Then I got the same board for a friends system I was building for him. When I got it the I/O Shield was gone. Everything else was there though. I just went back up there and told them to give me the I/O Shield. They said ok. Took one out of another box and I was done.

It's funny when stores do this kind of stupid shit and try to cover it up. It's also funny that it does nothing but create a never ending chain of people with no I/O plate. They'll keep taking them out of new boxes.....and there will always then be people coming back without them.

Good move Fry's.....you just dropped a few notches in my books.

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
It's funny when stores do this kind of stupid shit and try to cover it up. It's also funny that it does nothing but create a never ending chain of people with no I/O plate. They'll keep taking them out of new boxes.....and there will always then be people coming back without them.

Good move Fry's.....you just dropped a few notches in my books.

Yeah I hate stores like that...or how about that one place around here that sells refurbished stuff as new....jeez

On a poistive note the IC7-MAX3 is a great board and when you finally get it new...youll be completely satisfied :)

Back