One-eared headset?

ShadowStriker

[H]ard|Gawd
Is there such thing? Something that's decent mic and sound wise, not the dollar store headsets.

I'm not aware of too many "mid range" versions. The classic example is of course, a typical Bluetooth headset design. I've used a Bluetooth 2.1 headset for communication both with my PS3 and on the PC - you just need a receiver. An AD2P model capable of music/audio reception will probably have the best quality. I'm partial to little earbud types like the BlueAnt Q1 or Jawbone ICON. Audio quality is affected in a BIG way by price/grade - I've ditched I don't know how many headsets over the year. Don't forget to buy a bluetooth receiver for your PC, if need be!

For a more traditional "wired" approach, there are the most options in as you note "dollar store cheap" and super high end options. Most single ear headsets are made for those without a lot of money, to be used with landline phones. Audio quality usually isn't bad, all things considered though. The Xbox360 Elite's LIVE headset is as good an example of "mid range" as I can think at the moment, but I'm fairly sure it is proprietary. There are also some really expensive sets and buds made for audio monitoring/reference/recording.

For single ear use with decent quality both incoming and outgoing, Bluetooth is one of the best ways to go. Afraid I don't have enough experience with anything above bargain basement in the wired category to provide good suggestions.

Back