Onboard sound vs sb audigy 2

Boardin087

Gawd
devo from our forums just got in a fight with my claiming that his onboard sound on his gigabyte==audigy 2. becuz its got optical outputs................ please laugh at him for me so he will believe me. thanks

nforce2 sound = great
intel board based sound = shitty
audigy2 = great

ive used all 3

had i still had my nforce2 board i wouldnt have bought the audigy2, but since i upgraded to intel, the onboard sound sucks donkey nuts, so i grabbed an audigy2.

depends what chipset you use, id say the nforce2 sound is on par with that of the audigy.

Boardin, this isn't a place to ask us to flame someone. That's just plain retarded.

Actually, in addition to that, maybe you should learn to spell properly and use grammar properly while you're at it. I was able to comprehend your post because you occasionally did do something right.

Now, all of you (well, not devo, he didn't really say anything), are in fact, wrong.

It depends on how you look at each product. When it comes to strictly analog playback, then yes, the Audigy 2 would win in terms of quality.

HOWEVER, should someone decide to use optical out on their motherboard, whether it be Soundstorm or standard optical out, then the decoder/receiver would come into play. Since all optical is doing is just passing information along, you can't blame the motherboard's onboard sound for being shitty, you can blame the device that's decoding it.

Soundstorm = The best option for connecting to an HT system
Intel onboard sound = shitty
Audigy2 = Great analog output / gaming performance

So it depends on what you're using for speakers;
- If you want to connect to a receiver digitally, soundstorm is the best. The onboard Dolby encoder will let you stay in DD 5.1 mode all the time, rather than having to switch back to 2ch.
- If you're using analog speakers, get the Audigy2. Its DACs don't suck ass and it supports 24/96

Originally posted by Duck-BOT
Boardin, this isn't a place to ask us to flame someone. That's just plain retarded.

Actually, in addition to that, maybe you should learn to spell properly and use grammar properly while you're at it. I was able to comprehend your post because you occasionally did do something right.

Now, all of you (well, not devo, he didn't really say anything), are in fact, wrong.

hes my best friend from school and we get in funny arguements like this all the time. I didn't think u guys would really cut up on him. We just disagree on computer stuff so we usually let the major opinion of the forum decide who is right. o btw i wrote my post 2 minutes after the bell rang and i was gonna be late for class. [sarcasm]
But thanks for nitpicking my grammer and spelling since i do care!
[/sarcasm]

Originally posted by Boardin087
devo from our forums just got in a fight with my claiming that his onboard sound on his gigabyte==audigy 2. becuz its got optical outputs................ please laugh at him for me so he will believe me. thanks

Soundstorm=Audigy 2 especially in games. Audigy 2 is better for music in analogue/digital mode as well as gaming in analogue of course.

Digitally I preferr Soundstorm because I got Home theater speakers and 5.1 surround beats 4.1 surround every day with this awesome dolby encoding. Gives me awesome surround in flight/racing sims and fps:s or whatever that puts an engine or weapon in front of you. Not to say speech and games with a lot of panning going around because of the smoother panning from left to right thanks to the center channel.

soundstorm rox, end of story...audigy2 trails soundstorm in AMD market but in intel market you cant go better than audigy2, that is unless nvidia plans on releasing a soundstorm sound card :)

Yeah I've heard great things about Soundstorm but was bummed when I learned it was a motherboard feature only. I wonder why they haven't made a soundcard yet?

Originally posted by jmr
Yeah I've heard great things about Soundstorm but was bummed when I learned it was a motherboard feature only. I wonder why they haven't made a soundcard yet?

Sadly it´s on it´s way. No more onboard soundstorms :(

Originally posted by Ouikikazz
soundstorm rox, end of story...audigy2 trails soundstorm in AMD market but in intel market you cant go better than audigy2, that is unless nvidia plans on releasing a soundstorm sound card :)

Right, did you even read my post?

Back