Setup:

ASRock Dual939 SATA-2
X2 3800+
2xKingston 512MB HyperX
X800XT PE
74GB WD Raptor
550w Enermax
WinXP SP2

So just today I got on teamspeak to do some gaming. After a while my friend says that he sees the green light but doesn't hear me. So I figure it's on his end and message him to restart TS :p

Anyways it's obviously on my side and I've been through all the simple stuff with a backhoe. I checked my recording control panel to make sure the microphone was selected as the recording device, checked the volume setting and the boost setting. I checked the actual mute button on my mic and all the other relevant settings. I tried the mic connector on the front panel and I tested a different microphone in this comp without luck and successfully tested my mic on another comp. I've reset the cmos, tried all the settings in the bios and I have basicly done everything but format and/or try a new mobo.

I recently installed the ULI integrated drivers 2.20 and I actually may have not used any voice coms since then. I uninstalled the audio driver and installed the version from ASRock's web site and then when that didn't work I uninstalled that and went right back to the version straight from the driver CD.

I'm now considering it a hardware problem. Any ideas?

Did you try getting the driver from Realtek's website? Should just be their AC97 standard driver 3.86 or something like that.

Back