On Order ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD Best Budget 144hz IPS

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
Its on back order but its coming in early April from Amazon. With my points it was 350$ with tax. Can't wait to feel higher refresh rates on a desktop. Currently rocking a 6-7 year old Catleap 60hz 1440P IPS aka the South Korea Craze monitors back in the day. Can't wait to play Doom Eternal on a high refresh rate monitor. Anyone own one and give though.

I paid 287+tax USD for this panel in January and it's currently available for 320 at B&H. It wouldn't surprise me if stock is low everywhere with the global pandemic affecting production of all sorts of goods. I got lucky in that my panel had 0 pixel issues and fairly low backlight bleed. The IPS Glow is a bit strong and they really could've gone with a better matte/anti-glare coating, but it's really solid for the pricepoint. I personally cap my Hz at 120 and run the panel on its advanced overdrive setting. Running the panel on the highest overdrive setting and leaving the panel at 144hz is an option, but I really wanted to use freesync and the monitor can get some ghosting if left on the fastest overdrive setting when the framerate starts to dip. I used to get some weird flickering when enabling "enhanced sync", but it seems to be more of an issue with AMD drivers for the 5700 than the panel itself. I upgraded from a dell 3007 WFP-HC, and the change in response times is crazy.

The button setup for the monitor UI takes a while to get used to and never quite feels optimal. All the buttons are behind the monitor on the right side, so that might bother you if you run a multi-monitor setup. Once your settings are dialed in, you shouldn't need to use the buttons much anyways. Also, you can still reach the power button from underneath the panel.

My only real complaint has to do with the monitor displaying to the system that it's disconnected while the monitor is doing its power-on cycle. This unfortunately causes windows to move everything around if you're using multiple displays. There used to be some registry workarounds to disable monitor autodetect, but I haven't found anything new.

I paid 287+tax USD for this panel in January and it's currently available for 320 at B&H. It wouldn't surprise me if stock is low everywhere with the global pandemic affecting production of all sorts of goods. I got lucky in that my panel had 0 pixel issues and fairly low backlight bleed. The IPS Glow is a bit strong and they really could've gone with a better matte/anti-glare coating, but it's really solid for the pricepoint. I personally cap my Hz at 120 and run the panel on its advanced overdrive setting. Running the panel on the highest overdrive setting and leaving the panel at 144hz is an option, but I really wanted to use freesync and the monitor can get some ghosting if left on the fastest overdrive setting when the framerate starts to dip. I used to get some weird flickering when enabling "enhanced sync", but it seems to be more of an issue with AMD drivers for the 5700 than the panel itself. I upgraded from a dell 3007 WFP-HC, and the change in response times is crazy.

The button setup for the monitor UI takes a while to get used to and never quite feels optimal. All the buttons are behind the monitor on the right side, so that might bother you if you run a multi-monitor setup. Once your settings are dialed in, you shouldn't need to use the buttons much anyways. Also, you can still reach the power button from underneath the panel.

My only real complaint has to do with the monitor displaying to the system that it's disconnected while the monitor is doing its power-on cycle. This unfortunately causes windows to move everything around if you're using multiple displays. There used to be some registry workarounds to disable monitor autodetect, but I haven't found anything new.
Thank you for your impressions. I did cancel my Amazon order and order from B&H.

Back