On-board Wireless, Micro ATX

hpglow

Limp Gawd
Alright I have a question for all the meaty brains around here. I'm looking to make a system for the living room... Is there a Micro ATX board with wireless? Or am I just going to have to get a cheap one and add the wireless?

I am really hoping to cram all this into a really small case and that is why having it all integrated onto the board is desired.

well first things first, if you are going inregrated you might want to grab a low profile video card with TV-out rather than using the onboard since a) it will be better quality and b) it will use up less resources. http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-499&DEPA=1

that is the only mATX board i know of with integrated wifi, but at that price you'd be far better off seeking an alternative solution in my opinion...

Antheus said:
well first things first, if you are going inregrated you might want to grab a low profile video card with TV-out rather than using the onboard since a) it will be better quality and b) it will use up less resources. http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-499&DEPA=1

that is the only mATX board i know of with integrated wifi, but at that price you'd be far better off seeking an alternative solution in my opinion...

mATX?

edit: ah you were referring to the fact that that board isn't micro atx...

and where's the edit post button? :confused:

edit: ah cookies were messed up...there's the edit post button...now why can't i delete my post? :confused:

Yeh that board isn't micro ATX so... I guess I'll be peacing it togather.

weird...i used mATX as one of my search parameters. You are right though, that isnt mATX hehe...sorry bout that

What's wrong with a USB wireless dongle? You can use a USB port extender and some paperboard, foil and contact cement to make a vaguely parabolic reflector. Poke the USB dongle through the center so that the antenna is at the focal point. This will essentially give the dongle a directional antenna. You can then maybe hide the thing behind some furniture somewhere, but still pointing at the access point.

Back