Old Threads lacking content?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, some things got chopped up a bit in cleaning house. Sorry.

Posts prior to this year were purged, which affected some long-standing threads.

Mods were urged to back up their FAQs. ;) They can always be reposted. We have a new Memory forum, so that's the best place for it.

cybertron said:
thats odd that it chopped off the begining of threads rather than end of.

Because the posts at the beggining are older, so they got chopped off.

Yeah, some things got chopped up a bit in cleaning house. Sorry.

Thanks Kyle. You destroyed one of the most useful threads on the [H]ard Forums. The "Warez-to-Freeware/Open-Source" conversion thread has been completely decimated. :(

;)

Anyway, I've been cruising around for a bit. The forums seem slower than normal. I'm curious about the new upgrade. Are you going to post a front-page article on the new hardware/software setup. It would be interesting to know what you're running now, and the reasoning behind the change.

From an admin perspective, I'm always curious in finding out what technologies other admins are deploying in their infrastructure... ...in your case, the [H]ardOCP and [H]ard Forums Web infrastructure setup.

Soulstice said:
Thanks Kyle. You destroyed one of the most useful threads on the [H]ard Forums. The "Warez-to-Freeware/Open-Source" conversion thread has been completely decimated. :(

;)

I found one on anandtech, i'm sure it can be snagged :p

Soulstice said:
Are you going to post a front-page article on the new hardware/software setup. It would be interesting to know what you're running now, and the reasoning behind the change.

I'm actually kind of amused that Kyle hasn't said anything about the [H]|F on the front-page. :D

xmetal2001 said:
Because the posts at the beggining are older, so they got chopped off.

aw man, it wasn't supposed to be like that :confused:

Kyle said b4 the forums went offline that it was going to chop threads that have not had a new post in this year, he said something along the lines of :"......so if you want to save it, bump those threads so they won't get axed......."

damn, it looks like I lost 2 write ups that took a hellava lot time to make :(

and of course, for some reason i can't remember, i have no backup of them :rolleyes:

topcat989 said:
aw man, it wasn't supposed to be like that :confused:

Kyle said b4 the forums went offline that it was going to chop threads that have not had a new post in this year, he said something along the lines of :"......so if you want to save it, bump those threads so they won't get axed......."

damn, it looks like I lost 2 write ups that took a hellava lot time to make :(

and of course, for some reason i can't remember, i have no backup of them :rolleyes:

could we get a yah or nay on this? just want to know whether to give up hope of these threads being smoked permanetely or not. Like i said, i'm a dumbass for not backing them up, but if they can be salvaged I'd like to know. thx. :eek:

Soulstice said:

I am sorry about that, we did make some public announcements and very much spelled out to the mods and admins that if there were threads that needed to be saved, they should be backed up off site.

iGod said:
I'm actually kind of amused that Kyle hasn't said anything about the [H]|F on the front-page. :D

Why do you find that amusing?

This is a test of the system, we are still finding bugs that need to be worked out. No sense putting up links to tons of people while we are working on issues....

Soulstice said:

;)

Anyway, I've been cruising around for a bit. The forums seem slower than normal. I'm curious about the new upgrade. Are you going to post a front-page article on the new hardware/software setup. It would be interesting to know what you're running now, and the reasoning behind the change.

From an admin perspective, I'm always curious in finding out what technologies other admins are deploying in their infrastructure... ...in your case, the [H]ardOCP and [H]ard Forums Web infrastructure setup.

yeah i'm in the same boat and would love to know this as well.

Soulstice said:

actually you should be thanking Kyle, as he instructed me to backup all those threads, I hadnt checked that one yet (my connection went down yesterday) but I'll hunt down where I put it and have it restored ASAP
(of course attributions will be lost, but I'll recreate the Info)

You'll need to give me some time to do this
but it will be back ;)

Its now my Top Priority

actually you should be thanking Kyle, as he instructed me to backup all those threads, I hadnt checked that one yet (my connection went down yesterday) but I'll hunt down where I put it and have it restored ASAP

I was just teasin' Kyle. Notice the 'wink'.

Anyway, I do appreciate your quick response. I was going to PM you regardless, but I guess now I don't have to.

I like the new layout of the site, and other than some slowdown that I experienced late last night, everything else seems perfectly fine.

Today, things seem pretty fast overall.

All in all, a successful upgrade... ...although I'm still curious with respect to what is running the back-end SQL server... ...quad Opteron perhaps? ;)

Lethal said:
Posts prior to this year were purged, which affected some long-standing threads.

Mods were urged to back up their FAQs. ;) They can always be reposted. We have a new Memory forum, so that's the best place for it.

WTF ??!!!
Thats several thousand posts of useful material.
That sucks.

FrodoBaggins said:
WTF ??!!!
Thats several thousand posts of useful material.
That sucks.

and ten thousand posts of which PSU should I get :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back