Oh Samsung, you had one chance to redeem yourself......Tech cuts guy's TV to void warranty and Reddit removes video from the post.

How is it he happened to have a camera secretly recording? Is this a known thing with tv repairs with repair people damaging the tv to get-out of warranty?

How is it he happened to have a camera secretly recording? Is this a known thing with tv repairs with repair people damaging the tv to get-out of warranty?

To sum it up: I bought TV in 2022, it arrived broken. This repair guy came out, took my TV apart and replaced the screen, but did not put it back together correctly. He argued with me and left without fixing his mistake. He then came back 5 weeks later to fix the mistake, and damaged the screen. This was his 3rd trip to my house (over the course of a year), and the TV was still under warranty. I set up a camera in order to catch him making a mistake, I did not expect to catch him deliberately cutting my TV. I guess he did not feel like taking it apart for a 3rd time.

To sum it up: I bought TV in 2022, it arrived broken. This repair guy came out, took my TV apart and replaced the screen, but did not put it back together correctly. He argued with me and left without fixing his mistake. He then came back 5 weeks later to fix the mistake, and damaged the screen. This was his 3rd trip to my house (over the course of a year), and the TV was still under warranty. I set up a camera in order to catch him making a mistake, I did not expect to catch him deliberately cutting my TV. I guess he did not feel like taking it apart for a 3rd time.

Ahh ty

I've had experiences that make me think I should always have a camera recording when people are working in my house, or being left alone in room with valuables in them. It's prudent to do. Better safe than sorry.

Pretty much, A/C, plumbers, mechanics are known to F people over.
Yep, I've had too many experiences with people like that. This is why I often do my own repairs, even though I may have zero experience doing them. I often feel a lot of repair men also don't have a lot of experience either. That being said, I can't fault Samsung for this since this seems to be the TV repair guy trying to weezle out of a job that he didn't do correctly the first few times. I'd imagine that guy is fired now. If Samsung did take down the video then fuck Samsung.

Yep, I've had too many experiences with people like that. This is why I often do my own repairs, even though I may have zero experience doing them. I often feel a lot of repair men also don't have a lot of experience either. That being said, I can't fault Samsung for this since this seems to be the TV repair guy trying to weezle out of a job that he didn't do correctly the first few times. I'd imagine that guy is fired now. If Samsung did take down the video then fuck Samsung.
It seems like this is common practice among Samsung repair techs, but this is the first time they are caught. The official excuse is that Reddit removed the video because of privacy issues, ie the jerk wasn't blurred. But they removed the entire thread not just the video, so that makes me question their motivation. Whether Samsung strongarmed them or they did this on their own makes little difference in that it makes Samsung look even worse.

It seems like this is common practice among Samsung repair techs, but this is the first time they are caught. The official excuse is that Reddit removed the video because of privacy issues, ie the jerk wasn't blurred. But they removed the entire thread not just the video, so that makes me question their motivation. Whether Samsung strongarmed them or they did this on their own makes little difference in that it makes Samsung look even worse.
If Samsung did delete that reddit post, then Samsung are idiots. Have they ever heard of the Streisand effect? Not to mention nothing can be deleted on the internet, as proof from Louis Rossmann's video. Samsung should have just fired that guy, which I'm sure he's a contractor, and bought the man a new TV. Also, I would have loved to see his name put on the internet too. Too often bad actors and their business's names are hidden on the internet because we don't want to destroy their livelihoods. Fuck their livelihoods, as people should be made aware of what they most likely have done multiple times in the past.

If Samsung did delete that reddit post, then Samsung are idiots.
I am not sure how Samsung can do anything on reddit (or was it on their own moderated zone ?)

I too am quite unsure how-why Samsung could be even considered involved here, at first I thougtht they were responsible for some bad incentive structure (repair getting a bonus for how many tv did not need to be swaped and that a cut tv was out of warranty versus its condition, but here it made getting a "new" tv instead easier ?) .Seem to be a 100% personal feud between a client and a rogue employee.

If the video and the thread made it look like Samsung was in faut in anyway we can understand, just looking at the video of the title "Samsung purposely knife..." we can imagine how it could have been...

The amount of fake or staged videos anymore for attention (blame tiktok and fb) i can imagine real issues just get ignored or just removed. It likely is just a reflex for social media platforms. Remove, wait for a lawyer to contact your legal team, then care about it. Otherwise its just background noise. I guess i personally have no reason to believe the original complaint either. Working in returns and refurb at my company ive seen so many bullshit stories from people wanting to get free stuff i tend to have my doubts now.

If legit, i hope the guy gets taken care of.

I am not sure how Samsung can do anything on reddit (or was it on their own moderated zone ?)

I too am quite unsure how-why Samsung could be even considered involved here, at first I thougtht they were responsible for some bad incentive structure (repair getting a bonus for how many tv did not need to be swaped and that a cut tv was out of warranty versus its condition, but here it made getting a "new" tv instead easier ?) .Seem to be a 100% personal feud between a client and a rogue employee.

If the video and the thread made it look like Samsung was in faut in anyway we can understand, just looking at the video of the title "Samsung purposely knife..." we can imagine how it could have been...

It's pretty easy to get stuff removed on Reddit. Just offer to pay a mod $100. Mod corruption has been a problem for Reddit's entire existence. But it probably wasn't that, they're super babies about any images of people being posted.

I also think titling it "SAMSUNG KNIFED MY TV" is just stupid rage bait.

Have they ever heard of the Streisand effect?
If you are stupid enough to knife customer TVs, you can be stupid enough to think you'll be the one who beats the Streisand effect.
Samsung is responsible for their repair technicians, even if it is a contractor. They chose to use contractors instead of employees, nobody is forcing them. How is this a personal feud? Tech failed to fix his TV properly was called back, and instead of fixing it properly damaged it so it is not covered by warranty.
I also think titling it "SAMSUNG KNIFED MY TV" is just stupid rage bait.
Why? It is literally what happened. A technician representing samsung deliberately damaged his TV with an utility knife.

what was the point of cutting the screen?...the repair guy still said Samsung was going to replace the panel

If you are stupid enough to knife customer TVs, you can be stupid enough to think you'll be the one who beats the Streisand effect.

Samsung is responsible for their repair technicians, even if it is a contractor. They chose to use contractors instead of employees, nobody is forcing them. How is this a personal feud? Tech failed to fix his TV properly was called back, and instead of fixing it properly damaged it so it is not covered by warranty.

Why? It is literally what happened. A technician representing samsung deliberately damaged his TV with an utility knife.

Because it's the equivalent of a McDonald's employee spitting in your food then saying "McDonald's spit in my food". It's just a scumbag that would immediately get fired if they got caught doing it. Saying they "represent" the company is dishonest IMO because that's not normal behavior. They would be fired.

"A Samsung Repairman Knifed my TV" - honest
"Samsung Knifed my TV" - it's just rage bait for views

Because it's the equivalent of a McDonald's employee spitting in your food then saying "McDonald's spit in my food". It's just a scumbag that would immediately get fired if they got caught doing it. Saying they "represent" the company is dishonest IMO because that's not normal behavior. They would be fired.

"A Samsung Repairman Knifed my TV" - honest
"Samsung Knifed my TV" - it's just rage bait for views
LOL, obviously samsung the company is not a corporal entity to be able to physically do anything. People say it all the time when they have trouble with a corporation, they say "Gigabyte denied my warranty" they don't say "the support tech working for gigabyte denied my warranty"

You are just making semantic excuses for a ~400 billion dollar company, why?

Samsung seems to be in a fast race to the bottom with LG these days. They have a ways to go before they make the kind of garbage that LG does, but they're trying!

LOL, obviously samsung the company is not a corporal entity to be able to physically do anything. People say it all the time when they have trouble with a corporation, they say "Gigabyte denied my warranty" they don't say "the support tech working for gigabyte denied my warranty"

Essentially, a corporation is a corporal entity, which is why it's called a "corporation, using the Latin word "corpus," to indicate that any one agent of a corporation does indeed speak for the entire corporation, and no matter if they whine and beg for an excuse for their behavior, we can take things a step further and mention casually how due to patent licenses, it is impossible for any company other than Intel or AMD to even make an X86 processor for example, just as these same companies play other games that Rossman knows about, such as making it as difficult as possible for third-party repair people to exist, as well as the entire warranty/protection system where corporations team up together to sell you a "real" warranty, such as what SquareTrade does, which is owned by the Allstate Corporation.

I think that with the level of malice, greed, and control these corporations command over law, business, and society, that anything with their name on it is branded as their own, and thus, a "Samsung TV" or a "Samsung Repair Man" or a "Samsung Corporation" is all effectively part of the same body, and unless they perform an action that deliberately separates the TV, the repair man, or a specific spokesman or representative from the rest of their corporation, such as saying, "That repair person does not speak or act for us, and they are immediately fired and we will use all existing evidence we possess about that person to aid in seeking justice within a court of law, as well as replace the damaged TV," then I would consider all limbs as part of the same body. Down to each finger and toe, each word spoke, and all excrement as well, as belonging to the same body.

I do not believe that these powerful entities need protection or excuses. It is we the people who must be protected from them and their potential tyranny and injustice.

Louis Rossmann show and talks about a service tech damaging a guy's TV to voids the warranty and how Samsung had Reddit remove the video from their site.
At least watch the 1st few minutes, it's disgusting.
Let me guess - they had reddit remove it on the grounds of the repair man's not consenting to be recorded, or some dumb shit like that?

It was according to the poster of the video:

Yes, if you can point out a company policy being involved in the situation or contacting the higher up does not work, here samsung replaced the tv and fired the guy and maybe I should watch the video, did not seem to be anything Samsung policy-incentive involved in the incident.

Let me guess - they had reddit remove it on the grounds of the repair man's not consenting to be recorded, or some dumb shit like that?

Video could make sense, but the whole thread ?

Essentially, a corporation is a corporal entity, which is why it's called a "corporation, using the Latin word "corpus," to indicate that any one agent of a corporation does indeed speak for the entire corporation, and no matter if they whine and beg for an excuse for their behavior,
I meant that Samsung does not have a physical body per se, but yeah they are responsible for every agent acting as their representatives.

It was according to the poster of the video:
That's not a personal beef, that's a repair tech doing a shit job, it happened to me too, nothing personal about it.

Yes, if you can point out a company policy being involved in the situation or contacting the higher up does not work, here samsung replaced the tv and fired the guy and maybe I should watch the video, did not seem to be anything Samsung policy-incentive involved in the incident.
I watched the video, maybe I missed it but it did not mention they fired the guy or that they replaced the TV, where is that coming from?
If he cut the TV so it would be replaced as a whole under warranty instead of having to repair it that would be an entirely different story.

That's not a personal beef, that's a repair tech doing a shit job, it happened to me too, nothing personal about it.
It sound very much like it got personal in the arguing to the point to have the thought to film the guy. I doubt it was between the client and Samsung and that any other Samsung employee that would have been there that day would have done it, that it was helped by their personal history between the 2.

I watched the video, maybe I missed it but it did not mention they fired the guy or that they replaced the TV, where is that coming from?
https://www.reddit.com/r/CrazyFuckingVideos/comments/1aj8qs0/removed_by_reddit/

Apparently:
Samsung replaced the tv with a year newer model and dude got fired. But they did not installed it like promised

It's pretty easy to get stuff removed on Reddit. Just offer to pay a mod $100. Mod corruption has been a problem for Reddit's entire existence.
Could be (i.e. not samsung doing it, but a reddit mod, this is on reddit mostly it is just normal for company to want to removed them, they must not do it), they offered money to the OP to remove all his post apparently.

Last edited:
I've had experiences that make me think I should always have a camera recording when people are working in my house, or being left alone in room with valuables in them. It's prudent to do. Better safe than sorry.
I'm a little paranoid because I routinely have maid service come over. I have cameras all over the house and outside except the bathrooms. I guess I will never have to worry if this happens to me because everything will be on camera and probably have multiple angles.

When warranties are denied it's historically been systemic and part of company policies. That's completely different and saying it in that case would be justified. A scumbag employee doing something bad and getting fired isn't the same thing.

"Samsung" and "Samsung employee" has different meaning here. Saying Samsung did it is implying it's part of the company policy and it's normal for them to sneak around cutting up customer's TVs. I care about the truth and accuracy. I don't care if it's a literally nazi.

Reactions: Tsumi
like this
A manager/whoever hired them, a higher up promoted that manager, et al. up the chain. Nothing negative "represents" "insert company here" unless, as you say yourself, they're caught red handed with no escape route.

Would love to hear the techs side of the story. Like what was his reason to do this? He go to car lots and kick the car and be like "ohh noooo, look at this dent!!, im not paying full price for that!".

It sound very much like it got personal in the arguing to the point to have the thought to film the guy. I doubt it was between the client and Samsung and that any other Samsung employee that would have been there that day would have done it, that it was helped by their personal history between the 2.
It happened over a span of a year, he thought he'd film it because last time they did a bad job, not because of a personal argument. When he set up the camera he didn't even know they'll send the same guy, I assume.

Apparently:
Samsung replaced the tv with a year newer model and dude got fired. But they did not installed it like promised
That's not entirely correct, After watching the original video: Samsung offered him a new TV but they didn't want to install it or take away the bad one, so he said he'd rather have it repaired. That's when they sent the same guy who instead of replacing the screen again, scratched it to void the warranty. If he didn't have the recording he'd have been shit out of luck. But then when confronted with the evidence samsung fired the guy and actually replace the TV with a newer model and two guys came and they installed it.

The short guy rant was worth it. Being 5'9+ I feel ya. I'm the king of the manlets

According the google machine, you're the average height for a male in the U.S. and 2" taller than average across the globe.

Don't buy into the pop culture crap you see in Hollywood and online marketing where all the cool guys are six foot two. Usher, who is very popular with the ladies, is 1" shorter than you.

It happened over a span of a year, he thought he'd film it because last time they did a bad job, not because of a personal argument. When he set up the camera he didn't even know they'll send the same guy, I assume.

That's not entirely correct, After watching the original video: Samsung offered him a new TV but they didn't want to install it or take away the bad one, so he said he'd rather have it repaired. That's when they sent the same guy who instead of replacing the screen again, scratched it to void the warranty. If he didn't have the recording he'd have been shit out of luck. But then when confronted with the evidence samsung fired the guy and actually replace the TV with a newer model and two guys came and they installed it.
I could just be over interpreting this, but it is is own word: He argued with me and left without fixing his mistake.... in order to catch him making a mistake

Thanks for clarification, it would have been crazy for Samsung to not have went in full service mode after the video cutting affair

https://hardforum.com/threads/samsung-purposely-knives-customers-tv-to-weasel-out-of-repair.2033247/
it was a contractor, not samsung themselves. hopefully theyve done something about him
But you see, modern companies who have jobs requiring labour and actually moving around (and sometimes even desk jobs too) they don't actually have 'employees' they have independent contractors. One benefit being when things like this happen they can say things like that.

what was the point of cutting the screen?...the repair guy still said Samsung was going to replace the panel
IIRC LR said because the tech didn't have a part in his truck to fix it and he didn't want to wait for another tech that does.
Yep, AFAIC, you have no right to privacy in public or another's home, unless say your in a place like a bathroom. You commit a obvious crime against another, then that also should revoke your right for that instance.
https://hardforum.com/threads/samsung-purposely-knives-customers-tv-to-weasel-out-of-repair.2033247/
it was a contractor, not samsung themselves. hopefully theyve done something about him
I was wondering why I didn't see it in the news section. :(

The contractor deserves the bulk of the blame but it reflects poorly on Samsung as well since they hired the guy. It sounds like they fired the contractor and gave the guy a new TV which is good and mostly mitigates their share of the blame IMO but if they pressured anyone to have the video or thread removed then that's a bad look as well unless it was clearly libelous. I wouldn't really expect better behavior from a large corporation but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be pointed out.

I would have gone through whoever I bought it from to return it or let Samsung ship me a new one but assuming the warranty covers home service I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that to be honored either.

That's a distinction without a difference, "independent contractor" is just a means of cost cutting, which results in the lowering of the quality of work, and then they claim they are not even responsible because it wasn't "them".
I think they are fully responsible, they chose to outsource the job, they chose the contractor(s), they chose to cut costs on repair. They should make sure the people that appear on your doorstep when you call samsung support are worthy of their reputation.

Back