Oh my ! that IS a REALLY big case...

GSRwBOOST

Limp Gawd
My Stacker 830 just arrived at my office and you can picture the "makeing up for something else" type jokes that floated around for 15 minutes along with jokes about it being my new apartment... and after looking at the stacker in person.....

WOW it's big!

It's big enough that I can stick my big head inside to see what was the problem inserting the extra 3 to 4 internal drive bay adapter/cage.

1. it's obvious why it has wheels (heavy, large, fully loaded = super heavy)
2. pre-made holes for water cooling are sweet! (i'll dig out my custom WC setup soon)
3. uh... roomy to say the least!
4, fans... oh wow... fans.... lots of fans...

If you want a case with lots of room, this is it.

109.00 after 60.00 rebate at Newegg.com

Do you know (or anybody else) know how it compares to a Thermaltake Armor Full Tower as far as weight, and being able to "stick your head inside"?

Welcome to the Stacker Club . . . it is a pretty big case.

They don't really advertise this anywhere but (just in case you felt that there weren't enough places for fans already), there are two "hidden" spots for a couple more 120mm fans on the underside of the case where the mesh bottom is. But I imagine if you're going to do watercooling, you may not be able to put fans there?

I noticed the extra fan holes on the bottom after seeing a post about the stacker.

Has anyone loaded this thing up with 120mm fans yet, including the two on the bottom?

With the two drive cage fans and the fans on the case, it would bring the total to 10 fans total.

No way that could be quiet!

Probably sounds like a vacume cleaner....

If you count the 120mm fan on my Ultra 120 Extreme HSF, I have a total of nine of them right now. The others are two intake in the front 4-in-3 modules, one top exhause, one rear exhaust, two side intake and two bottom exhaust.

Most are CM blue LED quiet fans, three are SilenX 120mm 17dba fans and a couple Antec Tri-Cool 120mm's on the lowest setting. It's certainly not silent but it's not the loudest case I've had either. The tiny little fan on my EVGA 680i northbridge cooler is probably the loudest of the bunch and is the culprit for most of the fan noise.

post some pictures

those stackers are nice and the price right now is very tempting....

i may pick one up....

can you see through the mesh pretty well on the side?

I'll get some pics once I have a camera in hand and once I get everything loaded in the case.

I have nothing in the case but at a distance you can't really see inside, then again there is nothing inside to light up. I'm considering putting it on my desk here at work so i can stare at it till sometime next week when I bring in my computer and move the parts over.

As for the other case that was mentioned, I don't know if it's big enough to put your head into.

I have two Enermax thin profile 120mm fans at home to put in, most likely on the bottom since they are thinner and wont stay in the brackets tightly.

Time to start shopping for 120mm fans.

pics please =]

my next case is DEF going to be a full tower.

unless the market comes out with something really radical & cool

u’r right about the head fitting part cuz its about 250mm (9.8”) width, with a 638 mm (25.2”) depth, though it’s not too tall (536mm/21.1”) for a full tower
how manny fans do you have? Do you have 4 on the side panel?

and can I ask why you picked it over something like the TJ07? I mean the TJ07 is little bit smaller, much lighter, and better for water cooling, well I guess the stacker 830 can fit a 240mm double fan rad on the front and another one on the top (both internally) but the TJ07 can fit bigger rads and with a better view from the side panel

EDIT: really sorry, forgot about the price difference :(

Whats a TJ07?

You'll have to excuse my ignorance but for the last 6 months I've not even fired up a computer except for work purposes (to login and fix stuff remotely).

THAT alone puts me out of the technology curve by a mile... hahaha

I put everything in the case last night and there's so much room after everything is in there.

The case has 2 fans (two 3-4 drive cage adapters) in front, 2 fans for intake on the bottom of the case by the wheels, and one exiting the rear of the case. Aside from that, just the cpu fan and the video card fan. It's nearly silent.

I have no fans on the side cage, but will look into fans for there and one for the top. With my apartment being close to outside temperatures... more cooling is definately not needed at this point. It's probably 50 degrees in my apartment. (poor insulation and lots of single pane windows).

I stuck a fan controller for the extra fans inside and used one screw to bolt it to the front side of the drive bay area. The cables tuck behind the mobo tray and dont get in the way of the door. Ghetto, but I couldn't seem to mount it on the rails and put in the drive bay slot.

I noticed the extra fan holes on the bottom after seeing a post about the stacker.

Has anyone loaded this thing up with 120mm fans yet, including the two on the bottom?

With the two drive cage fans and the fans on the case, it would bring the total to 10 fans total.

No way that could be quiet!

Probably sounds like a vacume cleaner....

http://www.joshuahenryproductions.com/computer/

Check it out. My system has 9x120mm fans and is roughly as loud as a Antec 900 with the stock fans. I also put some on the bottom but they don't really do anything...

Whats a TJ07?

You'll have to excuse my ignorance but for the last 6 months I've not even fired up a computer except for work purposes (to login and fix stuff remotely).

THAT alone puts me out of the technology curve by a mile... hahaha

I put everything in the case last night and there's so much room after everything is in there.

The case has 2 fans (two 3-4 drive cage adapters) in front, 2 fans for intake on the bottom of the case by the wheels, and one exiting the rear of the case. Aside from that, just the cpu fan and the video card fan. It's nearly silent.

I have no fans on the side cage, but will look into fans for there and one for the top. With my apartment being close to outside temperatures... more cooling is definately not needed at this point. It's probably 50 degrees in my apartment. (poor insulation and lots of single pane windows).

I stuck a fan controller for the extra fans inside and used one screw to bolt it to the front side of the drive bay area. The cables tuck behind the mobo tray and dont get in the way of the door. Ghetto, but I couldn't seem to mount it on the rails and put in the drive bay slot.

I was actually aiming for the NZXT Zero cuz I liked it and liked those 7X120mm fans in it, but the some people convinced me that it’s a NoNo case
then I decided to get the smallest case I can get and aimed at Lian Li A05, but I just hated Lian Li cuz every time I went to the local computer shop in my city and saw those Lian Li cases I kept asking myself…why the p*#k do they look ugly to me?

I never heard of Silverstone, recently knew that the name of the case in some water cooled cases pictures is TJ07, but I decided to get it and install a good WC on it just to make it look acceptable to me.

I don’t like to disagree with the majority of people, they like Lian Li and TJ07, I cant like Lian Li… so I picked TJ07 and decided to do some WC makeover for it though WC is pointless with my future Yorkfield (Q9450)

did I say that TJ07 will cost me more than $450, never mind I love it :D

I love my TJ07 too, none of this 'quality stuff' Its real quality :D

But i saw one of the stackers in a store not so long ago, it's big.

you can also buy a 300mm crossflow fan for the case. it blows across the entire motherboard.

I just got stacker 830 today. Thing weighs about 40 pounds it seems. (I'm not sure the actual wieght) I can't wait to put my build together. I'm probably going to wait for the new quads to come out.

Back