"Oh look, he bought another one..."

Dillusion

Supreme [H]ardness
So i made a P-M system, and it ROCKS! i recommend it to anyone, I usually dump my systems every two weeks, but this one seems like ill be keeping it for awhile...

SG01 Black
AOpen i915GMM-HFS
Pentium-M 730 @ 1.8/600FSB
2x1024MB Corsair XMS DDR2-675 @ DDR2-600 8-3-3-3
eVGA 6800GS @ Stock
Enermax Liberty 400w PSU

The usual 120Gb WD and DVD-+RW

Pics:

pm1.jpg

pm2.jpg

pm3.jpg

pm4.jpg

pm5.jpg

pm6.jpg

pm7.jpg

pm8.jpg

pm9.jpg

pm10.jpg

Ominous Gamer said:
That stock cooler has serious issues cooling higher model P-Ms. Good luck with it in that box.

Actually, that's the NEW cooler. the old cooler AOpen supplied was smaller than the NB sink you see there, and wasnt enough- but this one is PLENTY.

And i havent benched it yet, will do so soon.

EZtarget said:
Like the way the Qpack is on top :p .....EZ

The QPACK is actually my media center thats int he living room now, just put it there for fun :p

Hmmm...strange.

Most pics of the X-QPACK and SG01 I've seen make the SG01 look larger...but these shots definitely make the X-QPACK look the bulkier of the two. Especially with the blue-LED external hard drive on top.

Oh, and I see why the camera was so wobbly for those shots! (Second pic - :p )

I knew that AOpen board was gonna be good when I read a great review of it in a Britland (Britan...England...whatever) magazine. It's got great OC potential! OC that baby!

Dillusion said:
i get bored quickly of hardware...

i wouldnt imagen it would be that expensive, you could generally sell the system for a gain couldnt you, as long as you do it fast

lozaning said:
i wouldnt imagen it would be that expensive, you could generally sell the system for a gain couldnt you, as long as you do it fast

Not a 'gain' i end up paying about 50$ a month more per system.

I did some wire sleeving and organising today, and added a vantec fancard i had laying around:

sg011.jpg

sg012.jpg

sg013.jpg

sg014.jpg

sg015.jpg

I want a core-duo setup, much like yours. I would like to pitch my Qpack, pickup the Sg01, and get a Core-Duo for my X2. Of course I'd need DDR2... Ugh. Nice Rig Man.

i was thinking that also but there are no matx mobos that suppor the new duos... not yet anyway :p

J_I_M_B_O said:
Wow, that's nice. Where'd you get the pentium m sticker?
And Why Pentium m?

Got the sticker off ebay for like 3$...

Pentium M just for the coolness factor, or something of the sort. You dont see many gaming rigs with pentium-m's in them. They are very powerful CPU's and paired with a nice gfx card and 2gb of ddr2 they fly.

CHAoS_NiNJA said:
A $266 motherboard?! :eek: From AOpen?? Oh jeez man...

i got it in a trade. My DFi ultra-d + 110$ for it. Not too bad ;)

AOpen is a great company. They have a very robust mATX line and are very quality boards. The ATX market is rather large and Aopen may not stand out much- but they are a good company.

Too lazy to edit that post....

Heres pics of my upgrades for the day, new X1800XL w/ fatal1ty cooler and added a 60mm 35cfm fan to the top running @ 5v. Rig is almost silent now...

xf1.jpg

xf2.jpg

xf3.jpg

xf4.jpg

xf5.jpg

Nice gamer. Probably o/c's like a biatch too, as long as that PSU holds.

New pics, of course:

vx1.jpg

vx2.jpg

vx3.jpg

vx5.jpg

Got my Wiring done, got the fatal1ty cooler running great and my new audigy. The audigy soudns GREAT in BF2 with EAX on, amazing.

Also switched out that 1.6/533 P-M for the 1.7/400. I 'FSB' jumper modded the 1.7/400 to 533 FSB and now it runs at 2.26/533 stable as a rock.

Is that the max stable o/c the board is capable of because I have a spare Qpack I'm trying to find a board for. It's got to be a pentium m board though because I have a 725 on the way. I'm hoping for somthing with a PCI-e that will be able to compete with the 69% o/c (2384Mhz @ 680fsb) I have with the ct-479 and asus. Do you think this board could handle it?

WarlordOne said:
Is that the max stable o/c the board is capable of because I have a spare Qpack I'm trying to find a board for. It's got to be a pentium m board though because I have a 725 on the way. I'm hoping for somthing with a PCI-e that will be able to compete with the 69% o/c (2384Mhz @ 680fsb) I have with the ct-479 and asus. Do you think this board could handle it?

No, it wont work. This board can onlyu handle up to 150 fsb (600fsb effective). so with a 133mhz fsb chip you can only oc 17mhz more before the pci locks go awry, and with a 400fsb chip you can also oc to 150 which gives youa llot of headroom. you can also fsb mod 400 to 533 via jumpers on the board with a totally stable of and just oc from there.

my 735 fsb mod's to 133 just fine giving to 2.66ghz but i can also OC it up to 145fsb before it needs more voltage, thats another thign that these board have no cpu vcore adjustment, only NB.

Good info, thanks.

I think I'll get the MSI Speedster FA4-R and assess it's o/c potential.

Dillusion said:
No, it wont work. This board can onlyu handle up to 150 fsb (600fsb effective). so with a 133mhz fsb chip you can only oc 17mhz more before the pci locks go awry, and with a 400fsb chip you can also oc to 150 which gives youa llot of headroom. you can also fsb mod 400 to 533 via jumpers on the board with a totally stable of and just oc from there.

my 735 fsb mod's to 133 just fine giving to 2.66ghz but i can also OC it up to 145fsb before it needs more voltage, thats another thign that these board have no cpu vcore adjustment, only NB.

Doesn't DFI have a mobo that does support this? I thought some guys over in the XS forums hit like 3ghz with these things on the DFI boards.

Back