.ogg file format?

i've recently downloaded video in both the ogm and ogg file format. i googled and found and the software i needed and i installed w/ no problems. I tested it out on an ogm file, it worked perfectly. unfortunately, if i even single click on an ogg file, windows explorer or media player crashes. any idea why this happens w/ all of my ogg files, while my ogm files are fine? thanks for the help!

running WinXP
also have the Divx codec installed

you say the video's (ogm) play fine right. so ill cover the audio only (ogg). you need a compatible player with ogg vorbis support built into the player, such as winamp, windows media player does NOT include such support, so youll have to use something different to play the audio files. check out http://www.vorbis.com for lists of compatible software

i tried opening the files in winamp, but it doesn't work either. at least nothing crashes when i try it with winamp :/

so ogg files are ONLY audio? because the file was supposed to be video! hmm, something is fishy!

hhhmmmm, just a thought, if it was touted as a video file, try changing the extension to .ogm and see if it plays

Back