Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I was saying... Bestbuy sucks right now. I was trying to buy a 5900x today and this exact thing happened to me.
Based on the location I was searching from, they were effectively saying no cards in PA, DC, MD, NJ, NY, CT, MA, VT, and NH :cautious:

I've never seen an available store.... tried adding 3070s and 3060s with no intent to buy, just to check if the system is working and yeah... no stores. idk...

Based on the location I was searching from, they were effectively saying no cards in PA, DC, MD, NJ, NY, CT, MA, VT, and NH :cautious:

Yeah it pisses me off that they put in stock on a national website and have it in like what 2 stores? Fuckers.

Reactions: D-S
like this
Bestbuy has a new queue system and is not even giving the option to ship the product. It's pickup only so even if you're able to add the card to your cart you still need to be lucky enough to have a store that has the card in stock. It's so stupid.
Actually I like the idea of another place that doesn't do online sales making it a wild west shootout as there are easily multiple Best Buys near me, but no Microcenters to be found. However I will agree the stupid thing is to find out whether or not you have one available at a store near you have to win the click me now wait and don't you dare look at something else lottery system. I mean let me put in my zipcode in a radius I'm willing to go, and let me know what is available (if anything) then make me play the stare game.

Little known fact about Best Buy: the "stores near me" is not based on radius, but regions. So your zipcode may be on the inside edge of a region - or even in-between regions, and you won't even see the store that might only be a couple cities over in a different region. If you enter a different home zipcode, the list of stores is often vastly different, with wildly different distances.

And yet another wrinkle is Best Buy's new order system for "high demand products" like Ampere, Ryzen, Consoles etc is not the same as the regular system, there are differences.

Little known fact about Best Buy: the "stores near me" is not based on radius, but regions. So your zipcode may be on the inside edge of a region - or even in-between regions, and you won't even see the store that might only be a couple cities over in a different region. If you enter a different home zipcode, the list of stores is often vastly different, with wildly different distances.

And yet another wrinkle is Best Buy's new order system for "high demand products" like Ampere, Ryzen, Consoles etc is not the same as the regular system, there are differences.

One would think for these items they would STOP shipping to stores and do online orders only. Wider audience less people pissed off with shitty web store.

At this point I dont even look at Best Buy when they drop. I refuse to give them my money.

One final tip for Best Buy: like Newegg, use ApplePay if possible. It's the shortest distance between the product and the finish line.

Managed a 3090 FE from Best Buy. Now to wait a few weeks on the waterblock from aquatuning. Anyone know where to get a replacement 1 or 2 slot bracket for use with the FE cards?

One would think for these items they would STOP shipping to stores and do online orders only. Wider audience less people pissed off with shitty web store.

At this point I dont even look at Best Buy when they drop. I refuse to give them my money.
Of course online only is a larger audience, and that unfortunately is the problem with these cards (and other products) and why scalpers are getting so many of them. Bottom line is these stores just can't beat bots and other consumers can't beat bots either. Now the only reason I've looked is just for shits and giggles, but I just am not going to deal with online bullshit of "yay it's there" and "awww it's gone" where those online stores don't give a shit who gets it as long as they get the sale.

I still think online stores should still find a way to have pull stock for a temporarily short amount of time on certain new/high demand items to give those lucky enough to click "add to cart" a chance to check out with said item. The playing field for new electronic stuff has completely changed, and last thing online stores want is irate customers who just don't even consider shopping there anymore.

I mean the other option is to have patience and just not need it as soon as they're released. If I want a new rig I can wait until next year too, and then I may actually have choices on which particular components I want rather than "fuck it there's one available... I just wanted a 3070 but screw it I'll pay 3x the amount for a 3090 because it's there!!!!"

Reactions: NKD
like this
1607471639272.png

you need to keep looking. I scored a 3090 and 3060ti with ease today by just waiting in queue for my region. Couldn't score a 3080 and could have scored a 3070 easily and went all the way to submit order. Its getting better. Much fricking better then online only and bots buying out. I give kudos to best buy to actually putting in the fuckin effort to kill bots buying things. May be they will make it available for shipping soon in a month or two but this is the best implementation I have seen for online ordering. Before they were the worst. Before it was out of stock in seconds for online and shipment now there is a shot atleast lol.

Never saw any stock. I had all the 3080 combos in my wishlist.

you need to keep looking. I scored a 3090 and 3060ti with ease today by just waiting in queue for my region. Couldn't score a 3080 and could have scored a 3070 easily and went all the way to submit order. Its getting better. Much fricking better then online only and bots buying out. I give kudos to best buy to actually putting in the fuckin effort to kill bots buying things. May be they will make it available for shipping soon in a month or two but this is the best implementation I have seen for online ordering. Before they were the worst. Before it was out of stock in seconds for online and shipment now there is a shot atleast lol.

No I dont. I refuse to shop at Best Buy. I could've gotten a 3070 or 90 if I wanted one. I dont. I only want the 3080.

No I dont. I refuse to shop at Best Buy. I could've gotten a 3070 or 90 if I wanted one. I dont. I only want the 3080.
Newegg staggers the drops sometimes by as much as 20-30 minutes. 3080 combos likely haven’t dropped yet.

One final tip for Best Buy: like Newegg, use ApplePay if possible. It's the shortest distance between the product and the finish line.
impossible to get shit from newegg still. Atleast bestbuy with pickup you got a shot. At this point I was going either AMD or nvidia whichever comes first. Today Best buy did a big drop on nvidia cards, missed 6900xt but got 3090 and 3060 ti. I actually might just be keepign both. I just ordered whatever I could submit first lol.

I’ve been F5’n but nothing...
newegg tends to do that if you are on their page already and refreshing it wont show add to cart button because the page is cached. Some websites avoid that like bestbuy will update but with newegg its hit and miss, specially on their combo page. Happened to me last week and I saw 0 add to cart buttons at the launch time, for both 3070 and 3080.

newegg tends to do that if you are on their page already and refreshing it wont show add to cart button because the page is cached. Some websites avoid that like bestbuy will update but with newegg its hit and miss, specially on their combo page. Happened to me last week and I saw 0 add to cart buttons at the launch time, for both 3070 and 3080.
Appreciate the tip man. I’m hunting for a 3080 so I’m not hopeful.

Correct. The Classic Cache Killer chrome plugin is your friend here.

Reactions: D-S
like this

Well your wallet you vote with it, so all good. Its a pain in the ass to fight with bots. Love Best Buy for actually giving me shot at buying. I could have gotten a 5900x today from them too but I already got a 5800x and put that money towards GPU. I had 3900x and never really used the 12 cores so stuck with 5800x.

I always told myself if I get notification I will check but not going to look everyday. if it wasn't for their queue and store drops I think I would be waiting till February.

Well your wallet you vote with it, so all good. Its a pain in the ass to fight with bots. Love Best Buy for actually giving me shot at buying. I could have gotten a 5900x today from them too but I already got a 5800x and put that money towards GPU. I had 3900x and never really used the 12 cores so stuck with 5800x.

I always told myself if I get notification I will check but not going to look everyday. if it wasn't for their queue and store drops I think I would be waiting till February.

Ive had other issues with Best Buy in the past and swore never to shop there. I was willing to make an exception at the start of this but I quickly grew tired of it. Honestly I am not even looking at newegg right. now. 20 minutes of refreshing while I am trying to feed my son and I realized wtf am I doing? Im sitting here pressing a button trying to spend 1k on an 800 card. I closed the tab.

I feel much better now. So yeah I won't get a card, maybe someone else here will get lucky but I am not going to waste time on it anymore. If I get an evga email for the ftw3 ultra super. If not oh well just another shitty thing in 2020. At least I can spend the time with my son instead of glued to a computer screen.

Well I tried for 30 min. I was able to add the ASUS TUF 3080 and MOBO combo to cart but once it was in the cart it was only the MOBO, without the card.

Never saw 3080s come in stock tonight... :( only saw some 3060ti/3070.
Was using Ctrl+F5 to bypass cache.

Ive had other issues with Best Buy in the past and swore never to shop there. I was willing to make an exception at the start of this but I quickly grew tired of it. Honestly I am not even looking at newegg right. now. 20 minutes of refreshing while I am trying to feed my son and I realized wtf am I doing? Im sitting here pressing a button trying to spend 1k on an 800 card. I closed the tab.

I feel much better now. So yeah I won't get a card, maybe someone else here will get lucky but I am not going to waste time on it anymore. If I get an evga email for the ftw3 ultra super. If not oh well just another shitty thing in 2020. At least I can spend the time with my son instead of glued to a computer screen.

Same here. I have never tried and alway checked notification sometimes too late sometimes fast. If I don’t get it I don’t even try lol. Today happened to just open up Best Buy for 6900xt and I got notifications that Best Buy was dropping every nvidia card and it just was too easy and worked flawlessly. Other then that I feel you. If I cared too much I would have likely gotten a card earlier. I was in the same boat if I happened to fall on it great but I am not wasting time on it. Today just happened to fall on it.

Respect your decision though. Family over spent money for damn video card is always on top.

Reactions: kju1
like this
Best way to get a card from Newegg is to chase down the combo packages. Those restock often. The drops usually occur at 4PM PST. Use the App and not the website. Make sure if you have iOS to have Apple Pay setup. Once you see that the combo is available (doesn't say out of stock) click it and pay via Apple pay. It'll be a one step purchase process.

I'd rather best buy just sold them in store only to be honest, it'd be a lot easier to get a card that way since so many people are too lazy to drive there lol.

Problem is a lot of stores may be closed. I haven't checked but I think they may be closed here. I know earlier this year they were closed and you had to do pickup outside of the store. I suppose that can still work though. I checked back at newegg at 4PM, I think something was in stock but the moment I clicked on it, it showed out of stock. I still haven't seen a single RTX 3070 or 3060ti in stock anywhere yet.

Best way to get a card from Newegg is to chase down the combo packages. Those restock often.
Translation, Newegg is going full dick mode by only selling cards if you buy other shit of them like the cards are some sort of loss leader.

Seriously though, a combo wouldn't be bad but by the time I look at which combo is actually something I want they'd be sold out most likely.

Reactions: kju1
like this
Translation, Newegg is going full dick mode by only selling cards if you buy other shit of them like the cards are some sort of loss leader.

Seriously though, a combo wouldn't be bad but by the time I look at which combo is actually something I want they'd be sold out most likely.
True, but you can always return the combo. Just buy any that matches with what you are looking for (The main product, like GPU, CPU, etc) and return the combo item. You do pay return shipping, it's usually around $13 to $15 bucks but that's way better than scalper pricing. It's a PITA as you are out of whatever combo cost you were able to select but it does go back to the original method of payment once returned.

Seems some Microcenters got as many as 100 x EVGA 3080's in this morning. There was also a massive ASUS TUF 3080 drop on Amazon this morning, that lasted 5-7min (yes that's massive). Unfortunately there's never any forewarning on those. Ampere supply was promised to "pick up" second half of December, and that may be starting.

In other news, Newegg just implemented a change that has broken the popular auto-checkout bots - I see the devs scrambling to find workarounds, but they're still broken as of this writing (I *think* the security has to do with the geolocation of your IP at checkout needing to roughly correlate with your shipping address, but I'm not sure yet). Why this is meaningful is if the new security holds at least until today's (potential) 4-4:30PM Newegg drop, you may have a better better chance than usual of snagging something today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back