*** Official Catalyst 4.12 Thread ***

I'm not sure what you would call this. I get hundreds of red and white dots when playing Doom3.

Doom3 Shot

The shot here doesn't accurately represent the total amount of flashing white and red pixels. Multiply the number you see in there by about 40-50.

Doom3: 1024X768 (Medium Quality)

Half Life 2 stutters severly after loading a game, but I found runs very smooth after the load is complete.

HL2: 1024X768 (All settings on high)

P4 3.0
1GB Kingston
Audigy 2 ZS
Raid 0 Configuration 16Kb
HIS 9800XT

My PC is fine with these drivers and I'm on a 9000 Pro. Pretty soon, I'll be on a X700, so I'll let you guys know then.

imfuzzy said:
I'm not sure what you would call this. I get hundreds of red and white dots when playing Doom3.

Doom3 Shot

The shot here doesn't accurately represent the total amount of flashing white and red pixels. Multiply the number you see in there by about 40-50.

Doom3: 1024X768 (Medium Quality)

Half Life 2 stutters severly after loading a game, but I found runs very smooth after the load is complete.

HL2: 1024X768 (All settings on high)

P4 3.0
1GB Kingston
Audigy 2 ZS
Raid 0 Configuration 16Kb
HIS 9800XT

The D3 bug has been around for a while on the NON XT 9800 series cards. I had the same problem when running a 9800PRO. I solved by putting a VGA SIlencer on the card. This was after numerous driver combos etc. Better cooling on the card helped alot of people with the same problem, but not all. GL

Here is a link to the thread on Rage3d forum discussing this problem
link

Wow! Thank you very much. I wasn't aware there was a reoccuring problem with the cards in the first place.

whats up with the X800 Pro and shadowing? has anyone else had trouble with that? NFSU goes all black on me when i enable fog i belive it is, and Far cry goes mad on me when i have the shadow on highest...

Back