officemax WD 80gb $19.99 AR starting 1/25

Darby40k

Weaksauce
starting on sunday officemax will be offering the western digital 80gb special edition hard drives for $19.99 after rebates. $99 - $30 IR - $30 manufacturer MIR - $20 officemax MIR = $19.99. these are being shipped to the stores vendor direct, so some stores might be OOS at the moment, but should be receiving them before sunday. as i assume this will be a hard hit deal on sunday morning, you may want to purchase one this week if you can get one and return and rebuy next week to get the sale price and rebates. there are going to be some FAR items too, but nothing priced high at the register so finding a coupon to add on top of the deal may be tough, unless its a $10 off $50 or something. i know this is going to be a B&M deal, and i assume it will be online/phone as well, but i cant confirm that.

Sounds like a great deal - but do you know for sure? Where does this info come from?

-SEAL

Ill try and verify this as well. My finace's mom is a manager at office max, so she gets the ads in advance.

Maybe OfficeMax will have it at that price for a while, then cancel all the orders and say it was a pricing error, or charge people a much higher amount, like a certain recent "deal." :rolleyes:

-SEAL

I just talked to my fiance's mom. Shes going into work tonight so she will find out and let me know. I should know by late tonight, early tomorrow if this is legit.

This is the 8Mb cache one, the WD800JB (Not quite sure of the model number..)?

I've got to ask then...

What time do Sunday sales start? Not midnight I assume, but when, then?

Originally posted by Triolent
I've got to ask then...

What time do Sunday sales start? Not midnight I assume, but when, then?

probabily when they open, 8 or 9

Can anyone find a printable staples coupon for $20 off of a $100 purchase. I've been having luck with staples coupons at my local office max. If I got some other FAR stuff that would make the HDD FAR:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !

Originally posted by Syphon
Can anyone find a printable staples coupon for $20 off of a $100 purchase. I've been having luck with staples coupons at my local office max. If I got some other FAR stuff that would make the HDD FAR:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !

They probably wont consider it a $100 purchase though since they are giving you and instant rebater right away. I would think you could only get that $20 off if you actually spent $100, not if thats what the original price was.

Originally posted by 87IROC Z
They probably wont consider it a $100 purchase though since they are giving you and instant rebater right away. I would think you could only get that $20 off if you actually spent $100, not if thats what the original price was.

I was going to add FAR items like cdrs and whatever else is FAR to get the total over $100. Now all I need it to find a coupon.

Originally posted by Syphon
I was going to add FAR items like cdrs and whatever else is FAR to get the total over $100. Now all I need it to find a coupon.
I can tell by the context what FAR items are, but what exactly does it stand for?

I just searched the Officemax.com website, and I can't find a single reference to the 80Gb model. All they have are the 160Gb, 40Gb, and 60Gb models.

they pull items off the website leading up to a sale, then place them back on sunday afternoon, to prevent selling out at 12:01 on the first day of the sale.

I went there today and bought 2. Just gonna go back durring the week and have them price match them and have the other rebate sent to my grandmas. She can just sign the check over to me.

There $100 rite now, so if you got some leway in funds i would recomend doing what i did.

-Erik

Back