Office 2010 not reactivating against WSUS server.

I originally posted this in the Networking area, but it was suggested to post it in OS's.

Last summer, I created a new Microsoft Deployment Tool server, that runs on 2016 instead of 2012, and was only set up for installations of Windows 10, purging out all the Windows 7 stuff.

With this change in servers, I moved all of our KMS stuff off the old system, and onto the new one. Activation works for Windows 10, Office 2016, 2013, and Office 2010, as well as Windows Server 2012 and 2016.

_VLMCS points to the new server in DNS.

What seems to be happening, however, is that reactivations of Office 2010 seem to fail. I'm thinking this might be related to AD-based activation being used. I have all the keys sitting in the server, but nothing seems to happen. I've had to use the MAKs to fix them, but I've got about 30 tickets that I'll either have to call and arrange time to fix them, or I can fix the server issue and not have to deal with it any more.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Code:
Coordinated Universal Time Written: 1/3/2018 8:43:20 PM
ERROR/HOST: 0xC004F042, 0x00000000, newserver
ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service determined that the specified Key Management Service (KMS) cannot be used.
---------------------------------------
Coordinated Universal Time Written: 1/3/2018 8:43:19 PM
ERROR/HOST: 0xC0020017, 0x00000000, oldserver
ERROR DESCRIPTION: Run the following: cscript ospp.vbs /ddescr:0xC0020017

Install the Volume Activation Management Tool on the KMS server and do a AD scan to import objects. It will let you sort out devices (including Office). Verify the product key type is correct (CSVLK) on the stations that don't re-activate. You can even click on them and force activation (and in bulk) to see what happens.

Also, if you installed 2010 on an image that was pushed out, did you rearm office?

Also, on the KMS host type in slmgr.vbs /dli all and verify office 14 is shown as licensed in KMS channel and check the activation count.

Back