Offical Fallout: New California thread

Ruiner

2[H]4U
Props to the team for sticking it out and finishing this wonderful piece of work. It's certainly more 'Fallout' than 4 ever was, and I won't bother mentioning FortniteMineArkRust 76.

The graphics look better than a game this ancient deserves to especially with mods (ENB!). I've had my share of crashes, but they are likely the fault of the long list of mods I added, plus the 8 NPCs/robots I recruited and built by endgame. Someone I know playing straight vanilla has had no issues.

Lots of skill checks, original west coast Fallout lore, humor, many ways to approach problems (and even win boss fights) with replayability for at least 2 runs.

It's the best money I've never spent.

'John Henry Eden's not my president!' /shoots in face

Just got thrown into the slaver pit. Strange turn of events.

Its alright. Need to find some mods that make the game look better, right now its butt ugly. But its to be expected from a almost decade old game using the Gamebryo engine.

I feel like cheating is required. 50 level skill checks on the first quest in the prequal? Or they just intended on it being hard as fuck at points. I gave in a few hours in of getting my ass kicked and bumped up some stuff.

That said, I really enjoy it so far. Haven’t made it too far. I spent the first few hours getting my ass handed to me. Story seems ok at least. Game play is good. Conversations seem very linear which is about my only real gripe. It just comes down to who do you talk to and who do you shoot.

You can get most of them if you build your character the right way and then manage buffs like uniforms, eyeglasses, chems/food.

The most fleshed out path is probably nerd/NCR. The team is still fleshing other lines out.

Perks are probably best put into SPECIALs given all the stat checks.

They are up to beta 213 and have been pretty aggressive in bug patching. The current package is one self installed .exe. Having the extra attention from the community is probably helping in this regard, and they've drummed up extra help.

1.0 is supposed to include major additions to NPC sidequests, dialogue and lore, with complete replacement of at least one companion.

A lot of the complaints were due to not installing the 4gb patch (which the GOG version has by default but Steam's doesn't) or by users running it on toasters. The new installer fixes the former issue.

Again, Gamebryo.

FO:NC took both Editor's and Player's choice for 2018 mod of the year. Good showing!

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Back