Odd graphic issue (looks like a stuck pixel)

m1abram

2[H]4U
Well over the past few weeks I have noticed what I first thought was a stuck pixel with my LCD monitor. It was a single pixel that was bright green. However the reason I do not think it is a problem with the monitor is this. The pixel always STARTS in the same location however if I drag a window to the spot the pixel "attaches" itself to the edge of the window and will move with the window making "ghost marks of the pixel". This pixel is not always there and in fact is probably not there more than it is.

I am thinking that this may be an issue with my video cards memory. I have updated to the latest drivers since seeing this odd behavior and no change.

Video card is an Nvidia 7950GX2. I think this is the perfect time to buy my upgrade ;)

I myself recently had graphics trouble, My 7600gt kicked the bucket but im able to pull the last bit of life out of it by downclocking the clocks, You might wanna try that and see what happens.

What happens if you flip the image? or adjust the image size? hmm make a virtual desktop... ie bigger area then viewable and see if it's part of the virtual screen.

Same issue here, though I've got a s* load of them.

About two months ago, I noticed a green pixel in the top-left of my monitor... I figured it was a stuck pixel.. which annoyed the s* out of me. Recently I started to get literally dozens of them I thought my panel was going bad, I was extremely pissed.

I VNC'd into my machine, from work and noticed that I could see them through the VNC session, which means there is no way that they could be stuck pixels. I was quite relieved!

The card, then was an eVGA 7900GT OC, I read several threads stating many people had issues with these cards.

I swapped the card out with a BFG 7900GTX, loaned from my brother. Same problem occured; swapped PCIx slots, same problem; just flashed the BIOS, same problem.

Current Specs:
BFG 7900GTX (stock cooling)
2x1GB OCZ Memory (don't remember the exact specs, not over clocked)
DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR
AMD Opteron 148 (not over clocked)
Zalman Copper & Aluminum 120MM CPU

Screen shots from the VNC session:
Straight screen cap: http://js.antinoc.net/Untitled-1.jpg
With some pixels circled: http://js.antinoc.net/Untitled-2.jpg

hmm I'm not sure if a VNC session would see the contents of the video card memory or a mapped image stored in ram. Which leads me to suggest removing one of your 1GB memory modules then the other and test to see if the image improves.

Your brother hasn't put up a black background with random bright pixels on has he? :)

Back