NZXT’s new VULCAN Micro ATX gaming case

That actually looks kinda interesting. It's not a design I would buy, but it is interesting nonetheless.

After all, I think, its not realy my taste design, I wish more clean look and not meshed side panel. But for this price, its a relly greate choice.
For example, what I dislike on Silverstone TJ08 was very limited space for HDD mounting.
The new prepared InWin DragonSlayer will be the biggest competitor. Íts the same class.

I Agree that its UGLY as Sin.. But it is well designed when looking at it from a functionality standpoint.

@bastage - It's am evga coop GTX 295

I am sure most of you would like this case. It's nice and compact. As for coolers, I suppose you might have issues trying to fit certain ones. Just get a Corsair H50 :) It looks great with the tubes and the clean mobo area. Then, when you put in that big ass fan, it just blows straight onto your motherboard, RAM, etc.

Last edited:
@bastage - It's am evga coop GTX 295

I am sure most of you would like this case. It's nice and compact. As for coolers, I suppose you might have issues trying to fit certain ones. Just get a Corsair H50 :) It looks great with the tubes and the clean mobo area. Then, when you put in that big ass fan, it just blows straight onto your motherboard, RAM, etc.

I agree. I have the same opinion. Its like with ANtec Mini P180. Its good combo Case + H50.

Considering its proven now that a H50 can fit into the Vulcan its moved up a couple of notches on the rating scale IMHO. Definitely worth considering now. :)

Considering its proven now that a H50 can fit into the Vulcan its moved up a couple of notches on the rating scale IMHO. Definitely worth considering now. :)

How would it do if there was a long video card in the top PCIe slot though. I Think there are some limitations there.

I dont see any problem with H50 mounting. The best position is the back fan position: Im Sorry. My mistake. Its not H50 but OEM 92mm cooler.

Vulcan%20with%20H50.jpg

Vulkan%20h50%202.jpg

Last edited:
would be kinda ghetto, but you could probably get away with one of these out the rear exhaust. Looks to me like there would be enough room. That one is probably a bad example though as it allows 80mm as well. Some from the interwebs can be found for just 92mm to 120mm

You're wrong I think, there is an 80mm solution and a 92mm solution in addition to the 120mm and 240mm ones

ECO C92 A.L.C.

Available for Pre Order

The ECO Advanced Liquid Cooling (A.L.C.) system is an elegantly
engineered ultra low profile thermal solution positioned at an
economical price point.

This whisper quiet ECO cooler features an 80mm Radiator and 92 mm Fan, for use in cases where space is an issue

CoolIT 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty

Retention for Intel 775, 1156, 1366 and AMD AM2, AM2+, and AM3 Included
Weight: 3 lb

Price: $89.99 --Ships within 3 days--

Its not me who would be wrong.. Its CoolIT

Typos happen, look at the specs page here

http://www.coolitsystems.com/index.php/en/products/16-custom-cooling/191-eco-alc-92.html

CoolIT Radiator
92mm Class Aluminum Radiator
125mm (length) x 92mm (width) x 29mm (depth)
Custom engineered for low noise and high heat dissipation

CoolIT Fan
92mm Class Fan, 2800 RPM Peak
92mm (length) x 92mm (width) x 25mm (depth)
4 Wire, Ball Bearing, 12Vdc

Yea but if you ordered it from them & received one with an 80mm that is what you would be suck with since it says 80mm on the order page from the coolit store.

Either way though I wouldn't order without checking the return policy 1st.

A cut and paste error I think, both the ECO C80 A.L.C. and ECO C92 A.L.C. have the same text in the shop, apart from the sizes. If you look at the specification tab and the downloadable pdf specification sheet, its 92mm.

Last edited:
Great product. I will try it in my good old all aluminium Silverstone SG01 :D.

A cut and paste error I think, both the ECO C80 A.L.C. and ECO C92 A.L.C. have the same text in the shop, apart from the sizes. If you look at the specification tab and the downloadable pdf specification sheet, its 92mm.

Sure.. But I wouldn't order from them if they have it listed wrong. Your just opening up yourself for trouble since you would be buying the 80mm

The H50 is still possible to mount on the top though right? Can remove one of the top 120mm fans then replace that with the H50?

From the NZXT forums:

I suppose you could just put the H50's radiator at one of the top 120mm mounts, but that would mess up the airflow since you would have to switch it to intake...
and you might risk it hitting the m/b The edge of the MB is very close to the top fan

I managed to use the H50 with the system I have mine going to the front fan slot. The only real disadvantage is that I can't use the second PCIe slot on this board for a full size card. Pic included.
web.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions about how to do it.

Last edited:
Has anyone found a source on the NZXT fans with orange LED's? I just got my vulcan in yesterday, and would like to find two more matching fans for it.

I have to say, after looking at this case, I finally figured out what I need out of a mATX case...

Remove the front two 3.5" bays.
Move the two front 5.25" bays down, but still leave the space above them empty.
Add another 120mm fan hole in that area, basically extending the top two 120mm fans to three.

This would allow for a triple radiator to fit in this mATX case and most likely STILL fit that 5970 (or two) you'd like to without really affecting how space will be used in the case, besides losing 2 hdds slots.

I do dig this case, though. I hope someone does a mod to fit a triple rad in it. It is possible!

They used mildly average components for the build. A i3 530 CPU with stock cooling and a GTX 260 OC GPU. The reviewer's opinions though I thought were quite good and honest in summing up the pros and cons of the case. Overall its a pretty good review but I would have liked to have seen them use a quad CPU and a bigger/longer GPU and tested that but thats just me. :)

Has anyone found a source on the NZXT fans with orange LED's? I just got my vulcan in yesterday, and would like to find two more matching fans for it.

Couldn't find them anywhere here in the UK, so I ended up replacing all the included fans with some black and white ones. Xigmatek do some orange glow fans which would probably look good in this case.

I managed to use the H50 with the system I have mine going to the front fan slot. The only real disadvantage is that I can't use the second PCIe slot on this board for a full size card. Pic included.
http://gallery.me.com/prax/100096/System/web.jpg?ver=12782650380001

Let me know if you have any questions about how to do it.

I decided to go this route only with a CoolIT eco and push/pull on the radiator, i5 750 idles at around 28c and 49c under load; the coolest I've ever had.

2zg8abp.jpg

I just built a system with this case for a beat around box and it's great so far.
PhenomII x2 555 unlocked to quad core running at 3.9ghz stock voltage post at 4ghz but not all the way stable using corsair h50 mounted in the front
Antec neo 620
msi gtx465
8gig ddr3
old sata 1tb, this is the slow part of the system I say slow but it's still plenty fast
this thing is a pretty decent system even gives my i7 a run for the money

Couldn't find them anywhere here in the UK, so I ended up replacing all the included fans with some black and white ones. Xigmatek do some orange glow fans which would probably look good in this case.

I decided to go this route only with a CoolIT eco and push/pull on the radiator, i5 750 idles at around 28c and 49c under load; the coolest I've ever had.

2zg8abp.jpg

Smiffy what video card is that.. Looks like that is a pretty ideal setup.

Check out this monster rig built into this case:

Engadget

nice. I like this case and most of NZXT case's.
around here people prefer the cleaner look of Lian Li and similar brands which I may like more but the “this case must be holding some very expensive parts” idea always sounded tempting to me.

Check out this monster rig built into this case:

Engadget

Did anyone notice the h50 mounted to the back of this.. Its obviously possible..

Edit: NM thats not the h50.. Its definitly a corsair (you can zoom in enough on ibuypower's website to see the corsair logo on the top) but it does appear thats its a 1 off part.

Last edited:
Smiffy what video card is that.. Looks like that is a pretty ideal setup.

Powercolor 5830, about 10" long.

Both water tubes won't stretch over the card but as you can see one can just go behind the HDD cage.

hey guys i'm new to forum. thinking to built my rig in this case and have few things to ask: why is it impossible to mount the coolit eco radiator on the top?
can a mod be done to put the rad at the top outside the case on a push/pull with the tubes passing possibly from the i/o of the mobo (rampage gene iii without the i/o shield)? Preferably the eco c240 that has a dual rad. Any ideas?

There isnt enough space for the rad to be at the top.. Would hit the motherboard.. & With mods.. sure everything is possible.,

Edit: & if you want to watercool more then just the CPU then you do not want to use a coolit anything.. its made to be a closed system with no modifications. You would be looking at piecing together a full WC setup..

i see.. dont wanna wc everything, just the cpu. I know that it's closed thats why i was thinking to pass the whole rad from the io hole and leave it with out a shield. The tubes will be shrinked with the clear cmos button but no harm will be done right?
The other thing that worries me is if the tubes will be long enough.. Can the pump of the eco be installed 180 degrees rotated to get extra length?
Is a push/pull like this possible with the c240 (dual fans pushing from the top exaust - c240 radiator outside the case - dual fans pulling outside the case on top of radiator)?
I've already seen on a review a rad from a custom wc mounted there but don't know if fans can be installed above and below.

Ím courious, If the side panels are changeable. I dont like mesh side panel. Can you try it someone please ?

Back